• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Splatoon Ink Brush

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
Nintendo of Japan's Splatoon Twitter account has announced the Ink Brush will be released tomorrow!

Splatoon(スプラトゥーン) @SplatoonJP

明日6月6日午前11時、新しいブキ「パブロ」が追加される。
筆のような形のブキで、パワーは弱いが塗り進むスピードが速い。
相手の死角に回り込み、連打でインクを浴びせよう。
サブは「スプリンクラー」、スペシャルは「トルネード」だ。
7:01 PM - 5 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/606747561286696960

CGunUzkUAAA6K5b.png
Screen-Shot-2015-06-05-at-5.56.11-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2015-06-05-at-5.56.20-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2015-06-05-at-5.56.30-AM.png

Last edited:
PART OF ME THINKS YOU'RE LYING BUT I CANT TELL SINCE I CANT READ JAPANESE BUT PAINTBRUSH YESSSSS TIME TO KILL WITH ART!!!

UK announced it too

Nintendo UK ‏@NintendoUK 3m3 minutes ago

The Inkbrush arrives tomorrow morning! #Splatoon

So, 7PM PST again? Guess that's going to be the standard update time. Sucks to suck, UK. ;)

!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~~!

cool

bet it sux

So, 7PM PST again? Guess that's going to be the standard update time. Sucks to suck, UK. ;)

i wouldnt be so hard on the UK coz karma will come **** u over
remember that one time ninty UK announced rich town would be called bell boom in NL and then u were like 'LOL SUCK **** ITS CALLED BELL BOOM IN UK LOLLOLPLILILILILLILOL ARAHEAHHEOHAOHEOAOEAOEOAOEAH" then like 2 weeks later it was announced it would be bell boom in NA also like lol jokes on u!!

also, the first update was because a certain number of players reached lvl 10.... it's just a coincidence that it happened to be on their scheduled time!!!!

Ooh, exciting! Doesn't appear like it will be very good for getting a lot of ink coverage but it looks great~ I'm sure this will be the weapon of choice for pretentious artist folk. :lemon:

Ooh, exciting! Doesn't appear like it will be very good for getting a lot of ink coverage but it looks great~ I'm sure this will be the weapon of choice for pretentious artist folk. :lemon:

I was literally about to post im gonna use this cause im a pretentious art folk and then I saw this

Yeah people on Squidboards did it'll probably be a weapon to sneak to the enemy base and kill them quick from there.

I'm gonna have to test it a bit first before making an opinion on it, because it looks cool but I'm just.... I don't know. I guess I'm just unsure of it. But Splatoon's tumblr has said it comes with sprinklers for a sub and inkstrike for a special. Quicker to use, not strongest offensive weapon. So there's hope for it to be good.

....Prob's gonna stick to my krak-on roller if I had to choose a roller type weapon. XD

I've used the paintbrush and I can say with certainty that it's interesting mixup to the game. It's the game's speed-type weapon; if you like dodging around the field to quickly get to opponents, the brush's speed lets you do just that! They're also good at covering small areas and walls quickly with their swings, making them perfect for agility.
In fact, I've noticed you can sneak up behind opponents with it if you're clever to perform some pretty clean ambush splats.

I'm playing really well with the Inkbrush. It's really good at getting ink down fast or quickly laying down paths for your teammates to follow. Paired with the ninja skill, it's pretty good at sneaking behind people and taking them out.

I'm actually pretty good at the inkbrush. I've gotten a lot more points using it than the other rollers. Actually, when covering area, I tend to quickly tap ZR to spread ink, then ZL through the ink and spread more again. It with the inkstrike is super powerful, just find a safe spot and deploy. If it was a little more powerful, then it'd be perfect for me. I suppose that's what its drawback has to be, though.

It's pretty fun now that I've used it properly (I.E now everybody has tried it and it's not lobbies of 8 brushes).

I found getting coverage to take a lot of effort but it has such good maneuverability plus good damage if you can spam ZR fast enough! I can imagine enjoying it in ranked where coverage isn't as necessary. With it being fast and pretty silent it's hard to know one is coming up behind you xD

I'm playing really well with the Inkbrush. It's really good at getting ink down fast or quickly laying down paths for your teammates to follow. Paired with the ninja skill, it's pretty good at sneaking behind people and taking them out.

I kind of found the ink trails to be hard to swim in. They're just such thin lines, you can only just fit in them. Though I guess that goes with the fact that the few times I've tried swimming in those lines, the person with the brush made really wobbly lines.

I hardly ever run with the paintbrush. I constantly mash ZR for the most coverage. The only time I actually use it is to make an escape because it seems like you run faster or just as fast as swimming in your own ink.

Last edited:
Back