Interest Check: N64's Inktober Challenge! (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

xSuperMario64x

call me Bug 🇨🇦💜🐛
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Unfortunate Mushroom
Purple Flower Glow Wand
Galaxy Cupcake
Tetris Grid
Heart Glow Wand
NOTE: Signups have closed, now time for the fun to start!

hello friends and fellow TBTers! 🦊

in case of confusion, no, this is not a contest. instead, I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to do an Inktober-esque challenge with me next month!

here's how it'll play out. basically every day in the month of October you have to draw a picture, traditional or digital. doesn't matter what you draw; it could be your favorite video game character, an OC, a landscape, a bouquet of flowers, your pet(s), anything! it could be a fully illustrated piece or even a simple line art. the point of this challenge is to improve your art skills and stretch your drawing horizons, so try to think of ways in which you can challenge yourself to become a better artist!

I really want to work on my art skills (and finish up an art request for a friend) and I think it'll be a lot easier for me to keep up with it daily if I have others doing it with me.

also, if you need to drop out for any reason just let me know, no hard feelings! 💕

if you would like to participate, post [opted-in] in a reply to this thread! you can also leave comments/suggestions down below if you'd like one day to be an art trade or a specific prompt or whatever! this is an experiment so I'm open to ideas! :)

xSuperMario64x
Totoroki
Millysaurusrexjr
tessa.
Soti
moo_nieu
shellbell

Last edited:
I've wanted to do an Inktober challenge for years but I just never.. have. It's hard to stay motivated (more like.. even begin). Yet that doesn't stop me from making Inktober lists a month in advance every year anyway, here's a list I made for this year
  1. Spooky Lava Lamp
  2. Cyclops Lady
  3. Black Cat
  4. Sasquatch
  5. Pumpkin Cross Section
  6. Candy Corn
  7. Potion(s)
  8. Nightshade
  9. Bubbley Cauldron
  10. Mothman
  11. Witch Hat
  12. I Love Halloween
  13. Tombstone
  14. Coffin
  15. Ghost
  16. Skeleton
  17. Bloody Knife
  18. Alien
  19. Shrine
  20. Eyeballs
  21. Candy
  22. Lollipop
  23. Candied Apple
  24. Sexy Vampire
  25. Krampus
  26. Creepy Girl
  27. Jack-o-lantern
  28. Ouija Board
  29. Haunted Computer
  30. Tarot Card
  31. Thirty-one of something spooky

Anyway.. maybe I will attempt to try it this year! I need to do art again! So sign me up! Opted in!

I’d love to do this, but unfortunately October is a big month for me and I’ve got to prepare for a relocation, so I don’t want to get distracted. I think this is a great idea and I know it will help those who want to improve their art skills. :)

B22DE1D4-FA2E-426D-B3C2-CA60C75244C1.jpeg

Here is the official Inktober list, if anybody was wondering.Opt me in! I was already planning on doing it so it would be tons of fun to share my work with everyone.

I'm glad you posted this! I was thinking about taking on one of the Inktober art challenges again (I've only succeeded once in the 4 years of trying) and I was going to ask everyone else what list they wanted to try.
I'm already making art everyday, but I haven't seen an improvement in specific areas, so I was going to do a smaller DTIYS meme challenge or a 6 character template instead. Something like this: https://www.deviantart.com/marchedemorce/art/Blank-Art-Style-Meme-Challenge-Template-641260239

Here are some other art challenge lists in case people are interested:

So... I might not have something to post with you everyday, but I will definitely be thinking about art or working on something everyday!

Last edited:
I'm really glad that you guys are interested! maybe I'll make a list for myself to work on. I've been wanting to redraw a lot of my old OCs so I might do that :)

I just want to say that I'm definitely interested, but also doing some other art on the side, in addition to everything else I do in my free time. So I'm not sure how much I can officially commit, does that matter? I love this idea though!

I just want to say that I'm definitely interested, but also doing some other art on the side, in addition to everything else I do in my free time. So I'm not sure how much I can officially commit, does that matter? I love this idea though!
if you'd like I can put your username on the list and you can do as much as possible! also feel free to share any other art you're doing, whatever it is :)

[opted-in]

I'm pretty positive I won't be able to participate every day, but I've been wanting to officially get back into art for years. The only times I really ever do anything artistic anymore seems to be for TBT events, so hopefully a full month of drawing helps get me into the habit!

id like to opt in as well! ive been really busy lately and am actually already behind on several commissions ;-; (which is why i didnt opt in sooner), but i am planning to finish them up before october starts so hopefully i can participate in this also! ive been wanting to do inktober for a few years now but have struggled to commit beyond a day/two so i think this is a great idea to all do it together and support everyones creations :3 thanks for organizing this

I've finalized my Inktober 2021drawing list! if anyone is interested in seeing it, here it is:
20210929-175740.jpg

all of these prompts are characters which I created, save for the AC villagers and Shellzilla's OCs. and the Chomp King and Toby are based on pre-existing characters so they're half original. but ANYWAYS most of these characters either desperately need new art or have none at all, so im really excited to do this!

Back