Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
White Carnival Mask
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Fancy Kitty Plush
Shadow Kitty Plush
My connection with Among Us was lost a couple times on my switch similar to how it has been with tera raids in Pokemon Violet. I had no issues on my tablet and my test connection on the switch said it was fine. Anyone have any idea what might be the problem or how to figure it out or who could help me figure this out? I’d like to figure it out before the next Among Us session, if possible.

Last edited:
It could be that the switch has poor WiFi or server capabilities. It might not be your fault at all. Could try disconnecting and reconnecting your internet from the settings. Seems to fix it sometimes for me.

I never liked how Nintendo joined the 'paid subscription for wifi' bandwagon because they are still way behind on internet related things.

It could be that the switch has poor WiFi or server capabilities. It might not be your fault at all. Could try disconnecting and reconnecting your internet from the settings. Seems to fix it sometimes for me.

I never liked how Nintendo joined the 'paid subscription for wifi' bandwagon because they are still way behind on internet related things.

Thanks! I’ll try that. A friend told me that the switch does have these problems a lot.

Idk how others aren’t having connection issues on their switch though.

If that doesn’t fix it, anyone else have suggestions like would Nintendo would be able to pinpoint the issue?

Thanks! I’ll try that. A friend told me that the switch does have these problems a lot.

Idk how others aren’t having connection issues on their switch though.

If that doesn’t fix it, anyone else have suggestions like would Nintendo would be able to pinpoint the issue?

Possibly:
Internet issues - exclude if u don't get kicked from other online games like mk8d

Game download issues - try reinstalling the game?

Among us server issues - sorry, no advice here

Maybe check your switch/net connection around the time you play? Do the test connection thing?

My switch joycons sometimes disconnect and cause issues. Big pain. So i avoid using those and just use pro controller. Sorry i can't be of more help.

I get d/ced during tera raids in Pokemon Violet.

Test Connection says my internet is fine. But I’ll try that when it is time for the game sessions.

I just bought and downloaded the game yesterday, but I can check if the file is corrupt or something and do that if needed.

Thanks for replying! I appreciate the response and suggestions. 🙂

My old Switch was one with red and blue joy-cons and the internet just stopped working one day... it would connect to the router, but then never the internet. It was like this for years until I FINALLY gave up and purchased a new ACNH Switch not too long ago. I had to do a system transfer and everything.

I don't think your issue is quite the same, but I think it's worth noting that the Nintendo Switch's internet capabilities aren't the best. And then Nintendo wonders why we're unhappy paying for online servers that were free in the past. :rolleyes:

I do hope your issue gets resolved though! 😄

IMG_8549.jpeg

This is the error I got one of the times I d/ced tonight. Anyone else get this before and know what the problem is? This is the first time I got this message.

the switch's networking has always been sub-par. the wii U had the same issue also.

are you using WIFI, or are you hard-wired into your connection with an ethernet cable? is it 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz? how many walls are between your switch and the router?

this post is a little older but may help you:

I’m using wifi. My router is downstairs in my dad’s room, so the fact that my room is upstairs and away from it could maybe be a problem. I thought though since I had no issues on my tablet that that might not be it.

Thanks so much for the response 🙂. I’d look into an eternet cord but not sure how that would work when the router is downstairs and I don’t think my family would want to pay to get it installed or get me my own router.

I’m using wifi. My router is downstairs in my dad’s room, so the fact that my room is upstairs and away from it could maybe be a problem. I thought though since I had no issues on my tablet that that might not be it.

Thanks so much for the response 🙂. I’d look into an eternet cord but not sure how that would work when the router is downstairs and I don’t think my family would want to pay to get it installed or get me my own router.
you would need something called a powerline adapter. you'd plug one into the wall by your router, put a cable from the adapter to the router. then, you take another powerline adapter and put it in the room your switch is in, and plug the ethernet cable into your switch. the connection works through your powerlines (hence the name)
i had to do something similar with my PC years ago because of my router. works great. here's a better explained version than how i did it, i may have been confusing:

Back