• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

is Club Tortimer worth it?

Ghost Stories

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I never bothered before because it sounds like theres a lotta real jerks on the island sometimes and I don't even really LIKE going on tours, i go to the island to fish and bug hunt to CT never appealed to me. But are there a lot of really cool exclusive items or something that make it worth 50 medals? watcha think?

I bought it a while ago, but I barely ever go there.
I'm a really awkward person, so I don't really like doing that kind of stuff often. But besides that, theres either people who don't talk, trolls, or really nice people.
I wouldnt suggest going on CT to try and actually get bells by bug/fish catching, so really you go there for meeting new people or island hopping. :)
There are some cool items you can find but whenever I try, i stop after 4 trips because i start to get bored

If you are just interested in catching insects and fish then I would not suggest Club Tortimer.
Most of the people I encounter there chops down all of the trees anyways...

It's really only good for doing tours and even then most of the people do not cooperate.
You could use Club Tortimer though to look at different prizes in the shop.

I live in Denmark, and i have NEVER met anyone in Club Tortimer for Denmark only, so I can just keep going back and forth real fast and get rare items :D

If there's a particular item that you are looking for (even if it is not a CT exclusive), CT is good for hunting it down since each time you go, the items change.

Also, if you're in need of some money and it's not night at your island, you can use CT to catch beetles. It might take a few tries to find an island where it is night, but once you have, go on a tour by yourself. You'll be alone on the island when you come back. Then set up a tour but don't sit down. This will prevent other players from entering the island, giving you uninterrupted beetle/shark catching. When you want to leave, cancel the tour and then go home.

I only go there to hunt for trolls so i can troll them back...
Nah, it's actually just to check out what's in store. ;p

I didn't join CT for a long time as I read some of the posts where players had met others who at the worst prevented them from leaving (unless they powered off), but eventually I joined.
Stayed in my own region and went at an unsocial hour - so I mainly had island to myself and was able to get items I was after or CT exclusives.
Paid for it by picking about 3K worth of fruit if I didn't buy anything, or just went straight back if I bought an item.
Branched out and sometimes go world wide (as far as I can see no difference item wise) but have not yet talked to anyone - yes I'm one of the silent ones, but I'm not nasty to anyone.
I certainly do not want to tell others my age (apparently a common question) nor give out my friend code.
But I'm antisocial at the best of times.

You guys are forgetting that there a few people on CT that are actually nice. Every once in a while you'll even meet that one random person who will decide to drop 1 million bells on the ground and then leave the island so you get to keep the bells. This doesn't happen very often, but CT isn't only comprised of annoying 9 year-olds who do nothing but beg for your friend code and then disconnect the wifi when you won't give it to them.

So yes, I say CT is worth it. :p

I think its worth it for the items alone. I do like going on the tours but I enjoy random bug catching as well.

yes its worth it. have fun. enjoy it.
its very rare that you find someone annoying and if you do just flip the wifi switch

I don't really go to hang out with other players since I'm not that social and I prefer to play the games by myself, but it's still worth it for me to get the exclusive items.

Well, Club Tortimer for me is a mixed bag, especially when going worldwide. The latter seems to be the best target for malicious players to barge in and perform nasty tricks on you. You might be lucky enough to have some players from the other region to be kind enough and willing to give their FC to you.
If you don't feel like adventurous, you're better off to Country-only islands, as most people are generally kinder. Of course, not everyone is a jerk. On the bright side, you'll easily get rarer island items if you keep jumping island to island.

Essentially, once you've collected every region-exclusive and CT item, there's no point to go on CT unless you feel like helping the others or socializing. Be prepared to face a few griefers, though.

It's sooooo worth it. I met so many nice people there. One person gave me a pink wetsuit (she said she liked being a nice person). One person bought me a silver axe. And then i met so many nice people who i just went on numerous tours with and it was so much fun.

I got CT a couple of months ago and have only used it once, I only stayed in my region and met some really nice girl who actually helped me with the labyrinth tour when I couldn't find the fruit I needed and she found them for me. I haven't used CT again cause I'm too paranoid about trolls but I really want to use it again cause I want a pink wetsuit lol

Back