• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Is it possible to turn off StreetPass for NL?

Nojiko

★ supergirl
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So I've been looking around for information on this and haven't really been able to come up with much of a solid answer. I was wondering if it's possible to turn of StreetPass for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. However, I only want to turn it off for ONE copy of the game. Let me explain...

I have two physical copies of ACNL. When starting my second town, I didn't know that I wouldn't be using it much, and made the mistake of activating StreetPass with Digby at the HHA. Now my house is empty and I don't want it to show up for anyone else.

The problem is I cannot figure out how to deactivate it for my second copy. Going to Digby brings up no option to turn it off. The main menu for NL only talks about SpotPass data. The 3DS settings only let you disable SreetPass for the title completely, and I would still like to Streetpass with my main town, as well as keep the data.

Is there no possible work around for turning off StreetPass on my second copy? Or, does it even matter? Which copy is sending StreetPass data out?

Thank you for your help!

EDIT
Okay, so I was actually able to figure this out for anyone else that was wondering. Keep in mind I have physical copies, I'm not sure if this would also work the same way for the digital version. I'm assuming I didn't lose any data because it's all saved to the cartridge...?

I took out my cart and went into settings and decided to see what would happen if I actually deactivated StreetPass for ACNL. It said only unsaved data would be lost and I had just used the HHA so I figured I'd at least try to see what happened. It disappeared from the list so I went into my game to see the results. Isabelle informed me that StreetPass wasn't active and that I could talk to Digby about it. I did, and it was just like the original conversation for activating SP. I went into my showcase to check and everything was there, including SPs I hadn't cleared out yet. (I tested this with my 2nd copy first) So I have no idea what data you're supposed to lose in the process, but it all worked fine for me.

TLDR - The 3DS StreetPass settings works for deactivating it for New Leaf. You can re-activate it again through Digby. You don't lose data despite the warning.

Last edited:
Arg, are you playing on one 3DS? 'cause then it'd be impossible.. :/

Last edited:
Well, I have another 3DS but I only take the one out, which has SP data for both games on it. But thanks, that's what I was afraid of. :( I don't understand why they'd program it to have Digby turn the feature on but not off.

Do you know which game data gets sent out at least?

EDIT I was able to figure it out, details in the original post for anyone interested.

Last edited:
Back