• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Is this alright?

Trust it. You don't just "know" everything in life has a chance of breaking, even hard copies of digital things. If you fear going digital, then don't.
My fire emblem is digital, works just as good as a hard copy. Never failed me yet.

I purchased two times a digital game and it is working good. Never heard things that it is not working. And if it isn't working you can always contact Nintendo.

The only difference between digital, and physical, are the places in which most memory is stored, and that digital has no trade in value.

I received Super Mario 3D Land in digital form for free from Nintendo. I don't prefer it that way as I go physical with 95% of my games, but it works fine.

Digital ACNL had some issues, but the patch has fixed them. :) I've had my current town for months and it has been fine.

Never has any game I've bought digitally had problems. I got the JP version digitally and it works fine. The chance that it won't work or something will be wrong is under 1%.

It seems like that there's way too many people who are simply afraid of jumping to digital bandwagon, yet the market is definitely growing. I guess it depends on how you handle games and systems physically.

From what I've experienced so far with digital retail games, they basically operate like their physical counterparts do. The only differences I can tell among many other players is a slightly faster load/save time, as well of where it is saved.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf is no exception of these rules. All the glitches I've encountered on my digital copy of the game can be redone on the physical one as well. Just make sure the SD card you're using work consistently well on your 3DS, and you'll be fine and dandy. Heck, any of the SD Card that is included in either 3DS or 3DS XL should be reliable enough in long run, assuming that you didn't formatted these SD cards in a wrong way.

I just love the idea of always having AC on my 3DS. So on trips I'll have Mario Kart 7 in the game card slot, and Animal Crossing right next to it, not to mention all of my other eShop/ambassador titles. I still have over 27,000 free blocks on my SD card and New Leaf will take up about 6,000 from what I've read. I am set.

Never had a digital game not work on me. Cartrages broke for me and GameBoy game batteries went out, but never once a digital game.

Digital is fine, I prefer digital! but only on my ps3/Psvita though... on the 3ds I'm still too scared for some reason.

I lost my PSP before and I could just deactivate it online and redownload my games on my new system, if Nintendo would have a system like that I'd go digital all the way, but I'm going for a retail Animal Crossing ^^;

Digital is fine, I prefer digital! but only on my ps3/Psvita though... on the 3ds I'm still too scared for some reason.

I lost my PSP before and I could just deactivate it online and redownload my games on my new system, if Nintendo would have a system like that I'd go digital all the way, but I'm going for a retail Animal Crossing ^^;

This si my reasoning as well. I know the chances of losing my 3ds, it complexly braking, or it getting stolen migh tbe even less then my losing the game cartidge but something about having that extra assurance of having an account system like psn would really help. In the long run though I'll probably buy a digital AC and transfer the save.

God, you and me both. Hoping they get their **** together and bring Miiverse to 3DS as well as account-association for all digital game purchases sometime this year.

I've always liked physical copies. Plus, I don't have to wait for it to download. I'm pretty impatient when it comes to playing a new video game I've waited on forever. In this case, it's been three long years.

My digital works fine =)

The only reason I would think it would stop working is if you remove the SD card while you're saving or something

lol I can't believe people are scared like this. Come on, people not playing on Nintendo platforms do this since almost 10 years...

I have the digital version of MH and i've never had a problem

I have a couple of downloaded games and I'm sure there will be more. I prefer physical as I can play them in any 3DS console and can trade them in, even buy a second hand one if I wish. My reservations surround the 'account' system Nintendo has, but in terms of what you're specifically asking, they run just fine and you'd never know if you were playing off a cartridge or the SD card.

I just bought a 16Gb SD for my 3DS so who knows what will end up on there. Mostly screenshots of NL granted, but the extra space comes in handy for demos, games, pictures etc etc!

Back