• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Island Bug Catcher's Algorithm

jesughs

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So I found this interesting and very useful post earlier.

I'm going to test the theory later on tonight or tomorrow morning. What do you guys think of this? Will you try it yourselves? It makes sense to me.

Ill be trying this to test it out. Just pick up your fruit and replant it again if it doesn't work ^^

This works! That's how I catch beetle's easier.. I also think that emperor butterflies are attracted to the bushes

I'll repost what I posted on there:
I’ve had more than two beetles at a time. Sometimes there will be three in a row on the same side of the island, but it doesn’t happen very often.

What I did on my island was remove all the flowers, all fruit/regular trees and the shrubs. Then remove the palm trees near the bottom of the beach to make it easier to go to each side without scaring any beetles. I go through the middle, up the left side then down to the middle again and up the right side. If no beetles appear after doing this for a few times, I go inside the hut and then back outside.

To increase the chances of a beetle appearing, make to scare away all other insects that spawn. Wharf Roaches and Tiger Beetles will still spawn.

This is pretty much what Kohei was saying in the 400k bells in 30 minutes video. Cut down the middle trees, circle the palm trees and go in and out of the hut when they stop appearing.

Yep, it works. You just have to scare away the little crawly bug and hermit crabs to get a respawned beetle.

Going to try this o-

Oh yeah I don't have new leaf yet.. I hate this waiting

its-working-its-working.gif

It works great! You should watch for Giant and Rainbow stags on the interior trees!

Oh, also, the 2 beetle maximum is false. I had three beetles; one on the banana tree, and two on the interior trees.

Back