• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Japanese 3DS Warranty Question

AVGanondorf

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I was wondering, if you guys are already playing Animal Crossing New Leaf, then you must have the Japanese 3DS. If so, what do you do if your 3DS has a problem? Can you send it to Nintendo of America even though it's a Japanese 3DS?

This is posted in the wrong board.

To answer your question, I would assume yes... But I don't think our Japanese 3DSs will have problems. We're all adults and treat our systems like the few hundred dollar systems they are

Oh, I'm sorry. I just realized that it's the wrong thread...

I'm thinking of buying a Japanese 3DS to play Animal Crossing New Leaf, but the idea of not having a warranty is not good. It's not like I'm going to take care of the 3DS poorly, it's just for safety reasons. So what do you guys think I should do, buy a Japanese 3DS, or wait for the American release of AC:NL? Because I'm getting way too impatient. :)

Last edited:
The answer is no. I actually e-mailed NoA about a number of things, and they said that if you purchase a foreign copy in NA/EU/What have you, then the warranty will not be honored and repairs must be done in Japan.

The answer is no. I actually e-mailed NoA about a number of things, and they said that if you purchase a foreign copy in NA/EU/What have you, then the warranty will not be honored and repairs must be done in Japan.

Came here to post this. Basically, you can't expect NOA to fix something that is not a product that they sell, it just doesn't make sense. Don't buy a Japanese 3DS if you are thinking like this...it shows that you don't have the means to fix it if something goes wrong. Not only that, but when they ship 3DS's overseas (Japan to the US for example) they cannot ship it with the battery, so you would have to get that on your own.

Japanese 3DS's do come with warranty but you probably wouldn't be able to use it, having it in America. I do not believe Nintendo of America will accept a broke Japanese 3DS, nor would Nintendo Japan want to receive a broken 3DS from America. They made the systems region coded for a reason. If you take care of your possessions, you shouldn't be worried about not having a warranty.

Back