• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Julian or Erik for my town?

loglady

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
So I still can't decide between Julian or Erik as a villager for my town. My town's name is Moongate and it's fairytale-forest themed. My paths are mainly colored beige, brown and pink. I have Julian already, since he came to my campsite but now I'm looking at Erik and I like him a lot too. I feel like they both fit the theme pretty well.

I do have Diana and I plan to get Beau, both deer villagers (Beau is a lazy deer, like Erik) and I was wondering if that would be too many deer for my town. I think originally, I planned to get Erik, but since I wanted Diana and Beau I replaced him with Julian.

My dream villagers (some of which I have already):
Lolly
Marshal
Maddie
Beau
Chai
Rudy
Maple
Fang
Diana

What do you think? Thank you for any advice.

I'd personally keep Julian to go with your fairy tale part of your theme as I feel a unicorn fits better with the concept, moreso than most of your other villagers. On the flipside, most of the others aside from Chai fit more with the forest part of your theme, and Erik would fit right in.

It seems that you prefer Erik over Julian though. How much do you like Julian? If you only keep him because he was rare and was in the campsite and fit the theme and you don't really feel attachment to him, I'd say to replace him. I mean, it's your game, you might as well have villagers you like a lot living in your town. I know how it can be to have villagers to fit a theme since my towns have themes, but the villagers definitely have to be ones whose designs I like enough to want to keep in my towns for a long time.

For the best of both worlds, I'd say to keep Julian and also adopt Erik but boot someone else out. I'd say one of the cats like Rudy, if he's a resident, would be good contenders to get rid of since I don't really associate cats with the forest. Otherwise, I hope something of what I've said was helpful.

Last edited:
I personally love Julian to bits, but it still does seem you prefer Erik. I'd maybe suggest deciding between Beau and Erik.

Thank you both so much for helping me! I do really like Julian, and if I had the option to have 11 villagers in my town, he'd totally stay there! I think I will keep him for now, though, since I really love Beau and Rudy too.

Maybe if I grow less attached to one of the villagers in the future, I'll replace them with Erik. You were both very helpful, thank you again! I really appreciate it.

Probably too late but I would go with Erik, I had Julian and honestly... I didn't like him that much. He kept moving into my towns! But I guess if you like him and he is already there it would be convenient. Btw, I have both Erik and Beau's amiibo cards so if you decide you want them let me know and I'll put them in boxes for you! (And you can never have too many deer villagers)

Back