• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Keyboard Controls

3puppets

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hello! I’m trying to get into New Leaf after starting it a while back (very briefly) and wanted to restart my town. Unfortunately my screen has a deadzone on the left side which makes it impossible for me to access to “q” “a” and “z” characters using the stylus. I don’t have this problem in Wild World since I can use the mouse/pad to type on the keyboard, and was wondering if New Leaf has a similar option that I’m missing. Otherwise any advice on how to go about solving the deadzone issue is also appreciated (if allowed)!

Heya! I've had to deal with this problem on my screen for 3 years. I've been using the Phone keyboard for those letters. It works, though it does take a little longer to type. To use the touch screen, though, I don't really know. I went to System Settings and recalibrated my screen because I didn't know what else to do. It worked a little and fixed my screen a bit. If you need any help or have questions about it, feel free to PM me!

I do not think it has any of those little d pad clickers in New Leaf sadly. I think you need the stylus. If you need A I think there is a symbol for it in one of the sections and it looks exactly like the normal lowercase A.

new leaf does not have the on-screen cursor like Wild World does, it's all touch screen. so unfortunately you'll have to find another way to type!

Thought I don't think you would want to buy another game just to be able to type a few letters (as Mr_keroppi said, there are a few symbols that look practically the same as our letters), as a curiosity I will add that there's a wireless keyboard made for the game Pokemon Typing Adventure. It's compatible with DS/3DS and non-nintendo devices, but I haven't been able to find if it can be used for games other than the Pokemon one.

Back