• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

League of Legends

Have you played DotA before?

• Total voters
Yeah not going to argue that playing ADC in solo queue is terrible. It is terrible, even when you have a duo support it can be rough in teamfights. But it's definitely not useless. There are D1 smurfs in D5 that destroy and carry the game there on ADC, for example.

Oh I totally agree! I played 1 game for my friend who was in Bronze5. Of course, he (well I since I was playing) was last pick! & like most last picks, I ended up having to play support. I went Cait support & ended up carrying my whole team of baddies. Which they all said I troll picked double adc & they were so sure I was going to throw. Sure, it wasn't a real support pick, but I was in it to win it! & I really don't think "meta" teams really apply in bronze..

I'm at 97 LP right now.. but I'm too scared to play ranked lol.
GL :) Rank is fun!

Am I the only one who feels that normals with all pubs are harder than rank?! LOL.

placed silver I...... fell to bronze 1 because I just quit playing ranked/league for a gooooooooooooood while.

brb climbing out.

Last edited:
Your argument is also flawed because you did not clarify "better" in what sense. Maybe "noob friendly" whatever the world that means indicates "better" by the original category? Or perhaps "better" means more user-friendly and popularity by which number of views is definitely an indicator of that.
I wasn't saying that League of Legends is a bad game or that Dota 2 is better I like League and play it sometimes when a friend wants me too, noob friendly just means that League of Legends is the easier game over Dota you don't even lose money when you die on League. This person was stating that League is clearly a better game simply because League is more popular. When all it comes down to is it's more accessible than Dota 2 and on top of that's it's marketed better. But I do like League so yeah I'm dropping this I just saw that comment and it made me laugh just because a game is more popular or well known than the other doesn't mean that it's better. And I don't play Dota 2 anymore so I'm gonna shut up.

Last edited:
Carry Potential:
Mid > Top > Jungle > ADC > Support

:) Though I play Ryze top lane.
362d4bafb8.jpg

Also, Kayle is 1 of the best ALL AROUND champions. You can virtually play her in ANY role.

I love top lane Ryze so much...

I wasn't saying that League of Legends is a bad game or that Dota 2 is better I like League and play it sometimes when a friend wants me too, noob friendly just means that League of Legends is the easier game over Dota you don't even lose money when you die on League. This person was stating that League is clearly a better game simply because League is more popular. When all it comes down to is it's more accessible than Dota 2 and on top of that's it's marketed better. But I do like League so yeah I'm dropping this I just saw that comment and it made me laugh just because a game is more popular or well known than the other doesn't mean that it's better. And I don't play Dota 2 anymore so I'm gonna shut up.

I agree with you; League of Legends, Dota 3, and HoN. I've personally tried* all 3 games: LoL/Dota/Hon.. and in my opinion.. league is easier. I'll just stop at "you don't lose gold when you die" instead of listing pros/cons of other games. Versus in Dota and HoN.. the longer you go without dying = higher risk of losing more gold etc.. which can turn games around if there's not a "strong lead". Then again it's truly preference. (which is why most people say League is a slower-paced game vs. Dota/Hon.

I've spoken to friends who have played all 3 games as well- and we all love different games for different reasons. But one thing most of us agree on- is that yes- league is more "noob-friendly" (in many ways compared to Dota/Hon). And for those who don't see that; it's perfectly fine :) everyone has their own opinions and this is "ours".

Hardcore/long-term moba veterans: we speak from years of experience (not to say no one else does or doesn't). Just speaking from my group of friends/family who have played Each diff type of moba.

I've gotten opinions of top gamers: Mia (Diamond) LoL. My friend's brother (Rank# 97 Dota3). My brother (top ranks on HoN).

Last edited:
I agree with you; League of Legends, Dota 3, and HoN. I've personally tried* all 3 games: LoL/Dota/Hon.. and in my opinion.. league is easier. I'll just stop at "you don't lose gold when you die" instead of listing pros/cons of other games. Versus in Dota and HoN.. the longer you go without dying = higher risk of losing more gold etc.. which can turn games around if there's not a "strong lead". Then again it's truly preference. (which is why most people say League is a slower-paced game vs. Dota/Hon.

I've spoken to friends who have played all 3 games as well- and we all love different games for different reasons. But one thing most of us agree on- is that yes- league is more "noob-friendly" (in many ways compared to Dota/Hon). And for those who don't see that; it's perfectly fine :) everyone has their own opinions and this is "ours".

Hardcore/long-term moba veterans: we speak from years of experience (not to say no one else does or doesn't). Just speaking from my group of friends/family who have played Each diff type of moba.

I've gotten opinions of top gamers: Mia (Diamond) LoL. My friend's brother (Rank# 97 Dota3). My brother (top ranks on HoN).
I'm not at all trying to offend anyone haha, I do like both League and Dota. And I hope everyone who plays whichever moba enjoys them I think both games are great. I haven't played HoN my sister loved it though. But I'm glad that League is alot more noob friendly because honestly Dota 2 is very intimidating to come into. Perhaps a bit too intimidating at times if I didn't have my sister helping me I probably would've never tried it.

Last edited:
I'm not at all trying to offend anyone haha, I do like both League and Dota. And I hope everyone who plays whichever moba enjoys them I think both games are great. I haven't played HoN my sister loved it though. But I'm glad that League is alot more noob friendly because honestly Dota 2 is very intimidating to come into. Perhaps a bit too intimidating at times if I didn't have my sister helping me I probably would've never tried it.

Pretty much the only reason I don't play DOTA is the donkey thing.

Fair enough. To be more specific, I want to point out that in a LoL thread, subreddit, forum, whatever, people are there to play LoL. So for others to come in and start talking about DotA or some other game being better, it's pretty pointless. Maybe it is better by some standard, but as LoL players, we generally don't care. Similarly, if I went to a DotA thread and talked about the many great points of LoL... they won't care. I wasn't trying to ignite an actual debate on the merits of LoL vs. DotA, which is actually happening on /r/leagueoflegends the past few days and the general consensus is actually that DotA is better on desirable features.

Play with friends. Skype. Ahaha

I always laugh when I'm with friends so sometimes we don't take the game seriously

I do this as well, though mostly we take the game seriously, we also have a lot of fun and laughs. Especially when we do custom games against eachother ^__^

Play with friends. Skype. Ahaha

I always laugh when I'm with friends so sometimes we don't take the game seriously

I play to have fun. Winning = Fun. I play to win. I hate playing with my friends who just want to throw. It's just a waste of my time!

I play to have fun. Winning = Fun. I play to win. I hate playing with my friends who just want to throw. It's just a waste of my time!

well, we try to win, but if we lose, then im not too bummed out c:

and omg i had an afk and then the game went for 70 minutes because we tried to win, but we lost

u should always want to win, u dont want to be that fat loser kid who comes last in the school race do u? that is how i am in diamond league.

Back