• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Life in Camellia Day 1- The New Mayor!

MadisonCrossing

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Cake

View attachment 94062

Hey everyone! I'm gonna start this blog off with what I did today. (´∀`)

I got a new town today! The layout is good, I have decent villagers, I have apples, etc. I've been on a hiatus for a long time and it feels so nice to be back!

Anyway, the first thing I did was talk to Rover. I was going for a different face this time, not one that I've used before, so I made sure to look off a face guide for something different. I picked the first town map because it was the best one. (I'll upload a picture as soon as I get that feature unlocked.)

Willow, Kitt, Pippy, and Isabelle were all waiting at the train station! All three of the residents have been favorites of mine since Wild World/City Folk, so I was happy to see them there!

View attachment 235200

I followed Isabelle to the town hall and she let me go find a house...uh, I mean, tent to live in. I picked a spot by the river. The bridge kinda leads into it on the right, but I plan on demolishing it anyway for the suspension bridge, so it won't bug me for long.

View attachment 235201

I got all the chores done to get settled (you know- getting my TPC, discussing loans, tree ceremony) and I chatted with all my villagers. I have Nate, Willow, Snake, Pippy, and Kitt as my starters. I had already noticed that Snake and Pippy were hanging out a lot, and their houses were in the exact same place on opposite sides of the river. Coincidence? I think not.

I went to go check out my new tent, and of course, Isabelle barged in to teach me about moving furniture.

View attachment 235205

After that, I got to know my villagers, and I sent them all letters, something I've just always done. I bought little presents and tools while I was at Nookling Junction too~(´ヮ`) I got a small magazine rack for Kitt, a stripe bed for Pippy, a green zap suit for Snake, a new spring tee for Willow, and a red umbrella for Nate. They'll probably be up in Re-Tail or I'll just replace them later, but it's the thought that counts, right? I also dug up the fossils with my new shovel from Nookling Junction, and I found the Bell and ore rock as well. Easy peasy!

Later on, I talked with Isabelle and completed all of her "tasks". Apparently oranges were the native fruit where she lived, and I made sure to plant them all in good spots.

View attachment 235203

She gave me the watering can at the very end, and I made sure to put it to good use. If only it was possible to write letters to Isabelle. :c

I caught some fish and bugs for a while, earning me enough money to pay off my mortgage. I can't wait to see my house! (●´∀`●)

View attachment 235202

Later, I decided to check out Crazy Redd's abode considering he was in town. I pinpointed the genuine painting (with a guide's help, of course) and purchased it. Don't try and fool me, Redd!

View attachment 235204

I went back to chat with my villagers to see if they had any chores for me. Kitt asked for something to replace her stain-glass lamp, and after many attempts I had to give up. :< I guess she wanted a different lamp instead of something the same size, but I had none. Fortunately, Snake had a different idea, and asked me to catch him a seahorse. It took me a while of pulling up clownfish, but I eventually found the seahorse he wanted, and he gave me a gift in gratitude.

View attachment 235206

I don't really need a barber's pole, but it was a win-win situation. Furniture was on premium at Re-Tail. (≧∀≦)♪

Last but not least, I caught some bugs and fish for my encyclopedia, including the always-annoying mole cricket and the pesky bee. Out of the three trees I shook, I caught all the bees! c: I got lots of extra Bells from them.

Well, that's pretty much all that happened today! It was pretty eventful, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Stay tuned for more! ; v ;

View attachment 235207

Attachments

• Welcome!.JPG
    Welcome!.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 32
  • New Home.JPG
    New Home.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 32
  • First Loan.JPG
    First Loan.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Oranges.JPG
    Oranges.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Crazy Redd.JPG
    Crazy Redd.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Lantern.JPG
    Lantern.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 30
  • From Snake.JPG
    From Snake.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Town Tree Day One.JPG
    Town Tree Day One.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 33
Sounds like everything is running smoothly in your new town! I'll enjoy reading about you and your residents. I already want to ship Snake and Pippy, haha. ;)

MeghanNewLeaf;bt10469 said:
Sounds like everything is running smoothly in your new town! I'll enjoy reading about you and your residents. I already want to ship Snake and Pippy, haha. ;)
Thanks! Yeah, me too. I've hardly seen them apart all day ; o ;

Aw, you're such a good mayor. And you picked a lovely day to start a town -- my half birthday. xD
Best of luck with your town and I'm very excited to read more! :D

behth;bt10475 said:
Aw, you're such a good mayor. And you picked a lovely day to start a town -- my half birthday. xD
Best of luck with your town and I'm very excited to read more! :D
Thanks! And wow, happy early birthday! > u <

Sometimes a fresh start can do wonders for picking up interest in this game! Unfortunately, I'm too attached to many of my villagers to start over...but I'm glad to hear you are! XD

Looks like you have some very nice starting villagers too! Keep us informed on Snake and Pippy... ;)

-sends rage letter to Nintendo about Isabelle's lack of a mailbox-

-ACNL update gives Isabelle a mailbox and ability to send her mail-

You're welcome. :cool:

But this is looking great, I'm resetting my town soon for the Summer Challenge so I'm hoping we can hang out and build up our towns together! You've always seemed like a really great person, especially with all your kind comments on my series about Isabelle <3

Kippla;bt10491 said:
-sends rage letter to Nintendo about Isabelle's lack of a mailbox-

-ACNL update gives Isabelle a mailbox and ability to send her mail-

You're welcome. :cool:

But this is looking great, I'm resetting my town soon for the Summer Challenge so I'm hoping we can hang out and build up our towns together! You've always seemed like a really great person, especially with all your kind comments on my series about Isabelle <3
-Sends Isablle tons of mail-
Good luck on your challenge! And thank you for the compliment > u < We really should hang out, it sounds like a lot of fun![/SIZE]

Yay! New town! It was at least two years ago that I got my Animal Crossing: New Leaf and started my town so I can't really remember what it felt like to be a new mayor. XD What I do remember is that wherever I would go Portia would ALWAYS be there which really creeped me out.

Hi :]. I hope you don't mind me commenting on this post so late. I haven't looked at anyone's blogs on TBT forums until now, so, since you looked at mine, I was curious to see what yours looked like. I really like how you wrote about your town from when you first created it to now. I wish I had done that. Your style of narrating the story is cute too and I like it a lot; it's relatively short and straight to the point, while also sharing enough of your thoughts and emotions going on at the time. I tried a few times making a short chapter on a day in my town, but it took too long and got repetitive throughout one of the entries.

Back