• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

List of plot twists from Old SpongeBob

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
One of my favorite story elements (aside to fourth wall breaks and climaxes) are plot twists, where a fact revealed in the story completely throws the audience off track when they paid more attention to the plot. The most famous example was Darth Vader’s relevation, where the hero and villain are from the same family the whole time (which was ruined by the prequels and lame pop culture references). Some are climatic (i.e. in inFAMOUS, Kessler is Cole MacGrath in the future), others are not (i.e. Luke and Leia are brother and sister). There are also weak ones (easily expected, not so shocking) and strong ones (surprising ones you didn’t expect).

One thing I’ve been doing a lot recently was reading the trivia information of each SpongeBob episode on Wikia. But what they don’t list are the plot twists (though you could see it in the synopsis section). Here are the twists I noticed from the first three seasons of SpongeBob, the video games released during that time, and the movie that ended the Golden Age.

• In Pickles, Bubble Bass has lied the whole time about SpongeBob forgetting the pickles.
  • In The Chaperone, SpongeBob truly never went to the prom.
  • In Scaredy Pants, SpongeBob was the real horror that scared everyone out of the Krusty Krab.
  • In Hooky, the one that hooked SpongeBob was Squidward.
  • Bubble Buddy was alive the whole time.
  • SpongeBob never ate that pie in Dying for Pie.
  • In Dumped, Gary abandoned SpongeBob all for a cookie.
  • In The Smoking Peanut, throwing the peanut was not what made Clamu cry.
  • In The Secret Box, the secret was just a string, as the real secret can only be revealed if you pull the string.
  • The Hash Slinging Slasher was just a kid who wanted to get a job, as Count Orlok was the one who flickered the lights.
  • Patrick’s real parents were waiting outside the whole time in I’m with the Stupid.
  • The forest ranger that saved SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward in Club SpongeBob also had a magic conch.
  • In The Bully, kicking SpongeBob’s butt didn’t hurt at all, which ultimately defeated Flats.
  • Mr. Krabs’ first dime was inside his pocket the whole time.
  • The permanent paint in Wet Painters comes off with saliva, showing that it’s not permanent.
  • In SpongeBob’s House Party, SpongeBob hid the key under his rug the whole time.
  • In Chocolate With Nuts, the guy freaking about chocolate to where he ran away wanted it the whole time.
  • In The Great Snail Race, Rocky was the winner.
  • In Missing Identity, SpongeBob had his shirt on backwards.
  • In the video game Revenge of the Flying Dutchman, the book on how to defeat evil spirits wasn’t accurate.
  • Finally, in the SpongeBob Movie, Shell City was only a gift shop, as the Goofy Goober thing (which was childish), was more of a strength than a weakness.
I don’t have info about post-movie SpongeBob since I haven’t seen enough of it (and that I didn’t want to anyway), but there are a couple of plot twists there too.

Thank you for mentioning the horror that is Revenge of the Flying Dutchman ^^
I should go play that game now lol

My favorite on this list is the one when Spongebob gets hooked cause he's afraid of being vacuum packed in a can of tuna with nothing to look forward to but the smell of mayo. *insert girl scream* but then he was fine the whole time (bonus points for when Patrick comes back in a can lol)
I also like the one where Flats starts punching Spongebob and he's like completely immune xD

xSuperMario64x;bt15497 said:
Thank you for mentioning the horror that is Revenge of the Flying Dutchman ^^
I should go play that game now lol

My favorite on this list is the one when Spongebob gets hooked cause he's afraid of being vacuum packed in a can of tuna with nothing to look forward to but the smell of mayo. *insert girl scream* but then he was fine the whole time (bonus points for when Patrick comes back in a can lol)
I also like the one where Flats starts punching Spongebob and he's like completely immune xD

I actually liked the Flying Dutchman game, even though it felt like a watered-down version of Super Mario 64 (and yes, everything in-game is down in the water since it takes place undersea, no pun intended). Mostly because it centered on The Flying Dutchman (who I thought had the best voice on the show). But if there’s any SpongeBob game I thought was tge worst, the worst one I played was the console version of Atlantis Squarepantis, the game. The levels were lame, repeated, and not very many. Plus, it felt like a mobile game, made for the consoles.

Oh, and did you know that Flats the flounder was voiced by the actor that portrayed Biff from Back to the Future?

Alolan_Apples;bt15500 said:
I actually liked the Flying Dutchman game, even though it felt like a watered-down version of Super Mario 64 (and yes, everything in-game is down in the water since it takes place undersea, no pun intended). Mostly because it centered on The Flying Dutchman (who I thought had the best voice on the show). But if there’s any SpongeBob game I thought was tge worst, the worst one I played was the console version of Atlantis Squarepantis, the game. The levels were lame, repeated, and not very many. Plus, it felt like a mobile game, made for the consoles.

Oh, and did you know that Flats the flounder was voiced by the actor that portrayed Biff from Back to the Future?
I liked it too, I played it a lot when I was younger. But after playing the much more superior Battle for Bikini Bottom, it just feels empty and almost lifeless. Idk but it's still fun to play once in a while.

And I did not know that! BTTF is one of my favorite 80s movies, and now I'm gonna think of that every time I watch it ^^

Back