• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

List of successes of Disney's Frozen

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
My fact blog is now open. Every once in a while (I say 1 out of 10 entries), I will post fact entries. Some of them may be statistics, some may be records, but others may be other amazing facts that would blow your mind.

My fact blog will begin with the successes of the Disney mega-hit Frozen. From the same studio that brought to you The Great Mouse Detective, Oliver and Company, and several classics made prior the two I just named, Frozen was the next film in line. It is otherwise known as "the best Disney movie since The Lion King." It may have been overhyped (like the sequel, broadway show, Once Upon a Time etc), but it's also worth watching. Here are the successes it has made:

• It's been in American theaters for nearly eight months - eight months is a long time. It's not that easy for a film to stay in theaters for this long (although it was doing very poorly in the American box office for the last four months it was in theaters). Starting in theaters on November 19th, it turned into a wide release on November 27th and ended on July 17th of this year. The reign in cinemas is over, but the snow queen still lives on.
  • It made a little over $400 million in the American box office - $10 million is quite easy, and so is $50 million. But $400 million a hard one to get to on the first run in the box office, and Disney's Frozen is one of them. However, it only took less than half as long to break the $300 million barrier than it did to reach this point.
  • It is the highest grossing animated feature of Disney's (domestic, initial, and unadjusted for inflation) - this is a big change for Walt Disney Animation Studios. For 19 years, The Lion King had this record, with $312 million. On January 12th, 2014, the lion king has been dethroned by the snow queen for this record. However, this is only true for the initial grosses if it's for the domestic box office. If we're counting lifetime, The Lion King is still king. Frozen was able to beat its initial gross on the first run, but not on the second run. INTERESTING FACT: Frozen is the Revival Era version of The Lion King, which came from the Disney Renaissance.
  • It is the highest grossing original animated film (domestic, initial, and unadjusted for inflation) - The Lion King wasn't the only record holder that the snow queen has beaten. For a while, Finding Nemo, was the highest grossing original animated film in the domestic box office (not including future releases). Frozen has stolen that record too. The only animated films that made more money than Frozen on their first runs through the domestic box office are Toy Story 3 and Shrek 2.
  • It is the highest grossing animated film (worldwide, lifetime, and unadjusted for inflation) - now one spot that the snow queen takes crown in. While The Lion King and Toy Story 3 are still ahead of Frozen in the lifetime grosses of the domestic box office, those two films have been dethroned from the worldwide box office for lifetime grosses.
  • It is the highest grossing animated film in the international box offices - while Frozen is still low on the domestic records, it captured the spirit from the rest of the world, which helped contribute to its high grosses in the worldwide box office.
  • It is the fifth highest grossing film (worldwide, lifetime, and unadjusted for inflation) - as of today, Frozen has made it to the top five. Not only it's the highest grossing animated film of all tine globally, but it's also in the top five. Adjusted for inflation, it's not even in the top 100, but it's still in the top five if we didn't adjust.
  • It is the highest grossing film of 2013 (worldwide), and the highest grossing animated film in 2013 (domestic) - After absorbing Iron Man 3's record in the worldwide box office, Frozen is the top dog of the year. Even if it isn't the highest grossing film of the year in the domestic box office, it is still the highest grossing animated film of the year. Not to mention, it was the first animated feature of Disney's to outgross its Pixar counterpart. Since Pixar released its first film, no animated feature could beat Pixar. But with Frozen coming out of the same year, Pixar has lost that year.
  • It won an award for "Best Animated Film" at the 71st Golden Globe Awards.
  • It won five awards at the 41st Annie Awards - not to mention, that was the most awards won by an animated film at the ceremony.
  • It won two Oscars at the 86th Academy Awards - one of them is "Best Animated Film", which had four other films in competition. Of the five, Frozen was the lucky one. It was the first animated feature of Disney's to win a "Best Animated Film" award (although Beauty and the Beast was nominated for "Best Picture" at one time, which also came from the same studio that made Frozen (I know all 53 of them). The other Oscar won was "Best Original Song" for the song Let it Go.
  • It had the longest running soundtrack for an animated film on the No. 1 spot at the Billboard 200 - this was another record The Lion King had before Frozen took this spot. It just won't "let it go".
  • It sold 3.2 million copies of DVDs and Blu-Ray discs on Day One - just one word: WOW! While Frozen merchandise sells out really fast, DVD and Blu-Ray sales are pretty big with Frozen. This is what happens when a blockbuster is released in theaters.
  • It is in the top five selling toy franchises - this is unbelievable for just a film that hasn't lasted a year yet. To be fair, toy shopping has became crazy because of this. Even online stores are out of stock so soon.
  • It was compared to The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King - this is sure to be a success. Disney hasn't made a very good film in a long time until Frozen came along. Some films are very unique where they can achieve this quality while others aren't well done. The Disney Renaissance was Disney at its best, but they were able to make a film as good as its four big hits.

That is a lot of successes from one movie. There are other films that can achieve records like this, but Frozen is this way to an animated movie.

Issi;bt14974 said:
Very interesting blog! I enjoyed reading this.

Wonderful! You made the first comment on one of my earliest blog entries. I hardly get comments since blogs are usually so quiet back when I was blogging more often.

The facts may seem outdated, but Frozen was that successful. I remembered back when it was still in theaters (which ended in July 17th of 2014), Frozen merchandise was scarce. Now I see it everywhere in shops. I also remembered how overly hyped Frozen was in late 2013 and early 2014. People were saying that it was the best movie ever or at least the best Disney movie since the Lion King. But now many have moved on. They have "let it go".

Alolan_Apples;bt14975 said:
The facts may seem outdated, but Frozen was that successful. I remembered back when it was still in theaters (which ended in July 17th of 2014), Frozen merchandise was scarce. Now I see it everywhere in shops. I also remembered how overly hyped Frozen was in late 2013 and early 2014. People were saying that it was the best movie ever or at least the best Disney movie since the Lion King. But now many have moved on. They have "let it go".
Yeah but tbh despite all of that I still never liked it. I tried to watch the movie on 2 different occasions and I just didn't like it. Prob partly because it was overhyped.

Oh and that song is annoying as frick too oml I hated hearing that everywhere xDD

I bet this is disneys best franchise. The movie sales plus merchandising...this was (and probably still is) disneys cash cow

Back