• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Lost Item Help!

KitchenWhisk

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
I've seen people decorate their houses/towns with those lost items that the game wants you to return to their owners (the mittens, pouches, etc.), which I've decided is adorable. So I pick up a lost book, but the game won't let me drop it! I thought maybe it was a time-based thing, and after a day the quest would expire and I could do whatever I wanted with it, but it's been a day and I still can't drop it. Is there some kind of trick or something?

Please help, all I want is to abscond with my villagers' belongings and then decorate my mansion with them :p

I think the trick is to leave the item on the ground when you see it and then come back for it the next day. I've left lost items on the ground, and when I came back it was no longer labeled as 'lost item' and instead was labelled differently when you stand on it.

It is time-based, so once you pick it up, you can't drop it until the next day. Though it could be when you originally picked it up perhaps? Not sure since I always find the owner. XD

Last edited:
I think the trick is to leave the item on the ground when you see it and then come back for it the next day. I've left lost items on the ground, and when I came back it was no longer labeled as 'lost item' and instead was labelled differently when you stand on it.

So I'm probably out of luck for this one? That's annoying, ah well.

Thanks!

If you picked it up, wait a day or so for it to "expire", meaning it can't be returned, you'll then be able to drop it and keep it for yourself.
The same can happen with petitions.

Everybody! This is CRUEL highlighting your houses w/ stolen goods!!

Yet...
sTTqNh4.jpg

Back