• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Major help needed -please read-

Kungfupanda

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Hey guys!

A few days ago I placed a thread saying that my 3dsxl kept cutting out despite being charged, thus losing any progress made in my game. It has continued to happen and now it has caused a reset on my date and time, causing a riot in my game save - I have MASSES of weeds, no flowers and everything is ruined :(

I really don't want to have to restart my game, so is there anyway I can remove the weeds in an effective, less time consuming way? I recall reading a post somewhere that you can pay Leif money to remove them all? Does anyone know any further information on this?

I have the downloaded version of the game so hopefully I can migrate all my data over to a new 3dsxl as I really don't trust my current one.

Any help would be massively appreciated

- one very upset and frustrated major -

I don't really know how to help you, but I'm so sorry that happened. Hope you can figure it all out! ):

My 3DSXL used to also turn off on its own and then would also reset the date.
Mine would reset all the way back to January 1, 2012, but all I would do was turn it back to the time it's suppose to be at and the Animal Crossing problem would be fixed.

For the DS turning off on it's own... it's actually kind of common in a way. There's lots of discussions out there about it and I was able to fix my problem by having my boyfriend remove the DS's battery, putting it back in, and it got fixed that way. Some people have to add a layer or tin foil or something to keep the battery in place but basically what happens is the battery kind of... "jiggles" causing it to turn off.

Good luck!~ :]
PS. Now I always save from time to time from the fear of having it shut off randomly again.

Wow, that really sucks....I really don't know what to do, but if you want some help, I can come by your town and help pull some weeds for you~

Thanks for your support guys :)

I'm totally devastated that this has happened!

I've reset the time on my 3ds but the problem is still there with my village :(

Did you save the game after you saw the weeds and what-not?
Cause once I saw snow falling before the game even started, I immediately changed the date.

You might've saved your game with the weeds...

I haven't saved the game since this situation happened so don't know what's causing it to remain as 'weeded'... :/

Ideas anyone?

I haven't saved the game since this situation happened so don't know what's causing it to remain as 'weeded'... :/

Ideas anyone?

So after you realized the problem, did you reset the game, and change the time back to normal both on your 3DS and your ACNL game?

Playing game, ds turns off. Turn ds on, start game, realise time had changed due to snow and weeds. I don't save and turn off my game, set clock, start game, still weeds etc

:(

Playing game, ds turns off. Turn ds on, start game, realise time had changed due to snow and weeds. I don't save and turn off my game, set clock, start game, still weeds etc

:(

Hm... that sounds extremely annoying... :(

I have an idea: let's organize a small group to completely clean / restore your town, hm? (I would help ofc =))

Last edited:
If you set the Beautiful Town ordinance, won't that clear the weeds? Or does it just stop new weeds from growing?

This is on behalf of my boyfriend (he's not a BTF member) so we r gonna buy a new 3ds tomorrow and transfer all save data over to new console. Your support is very moving :)

I'll post his new FC tomorrow so we can form a rebuild :)

Thank you so much guys! Means a lot to both of us :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

What's best do we think peeps? A rebuild of current town or just start from scratch with a new town!?

This is on behalf of my boyfriend (he's not a BTF member) so we r gonna buy a new 3ds tomorrow and transfer all save data over to new console. Your support is very moving :)

I'll post his new FC tomorrow so we can form a rebuild :)

Thank you so much guys! Means a lot to both of us :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

What's best do we think peeps? A rebuild of current town or just start from scratch with a new town!?

If you really like your current town setup, and the animals that are currently in your town, then we'll help you restore it. Otherwise, it's all up to you. If you're okay with rebuilding the whole thing, then go ahead, but really it's still up to you.
If you really want us to make a decision, then I guess the best thing to do is post an image of your current map and we can give you our opinions on the map that you have aha;;

Last edited:
Agree with Mint, this is your call! I will also lend a hand if you decide to rebuild the current town. I'm a weed-pulling machine!

Back