• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Making a Really Pretty Town

Solar

Let's Play!~✩
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Yellow Candy
森
ど
う
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
So I know a lot of you guys are using paths and possibly going to the extreme to make really great towns. Now to those people, I really like the way towns like Lin's look with the landscaping and paths and I really would like to mine make mine look similar to that, is it possibly that anyone who likes making towns like that give me tips and tricks or something? I'm sure it would be helpful for new players as well.

I'm not to artistic myself to be honest. I'm actually a bit afraid to try to do my town, like I'm lost as to where to start . I tried today and I just placed a few down I front of my house and ideas started popping in my head and I was off from there.

I am also interested in making a really pretty town, and to start that process, I took a picture of my map and began planning its layout on my computer. I can't get too attached to the layout, simply because who knows where villagers will decide to move, but it still helped me to identify which areas I consider most important to my endgoal.

And, if you have specific public works you want in certain places, I'd advise making additional characters whose tents occupy those locations.

Attached: a clumsy, super rough draft of what I am talkin' about. I've labeled the projects I know I want first, and have doodled some potential pathways. Looks silly, but I'm finding it helpful. acnl_map_initialplan.jpg

I actually just started making one today! It's not really themed.. I'm just making a path (with designs put on the ground), and everywhere that is not covered by that design is covered by either a tree or flower, most likely a flower. It's kinda like a sea of flowers.. :D

If need a lot of flowers for your town like I do, I suggest going to the island and picking up all the flowers in the island, and put them in the box. Then, go on a tour, and instead of doing the mini-game, pick up all the flowers that will fit in your pocket. Since you can probably pick up enough flowers in 30 seconds to a minute, use the rest of the time to choose the flowers in your preferred shape and color, especially if you are trying to have a certain theme or color scheme. Then, put those flowers in the box. Keep doing tours until the box is full, and then go back home.

Back