• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

may some more info on ac:3d

natasha

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-massively-single-playing-online-game-39.aspx

Here is a veeeeeeeeerrrrrryyyyy interesting read!

Nintendo Seeks to Patent the Massively Singleplayer Online Game.

Back in 2010, Nintendo filed a patent application for something called a "massively single-playing online game," something whose interactions don't take place in real time and what sounds a little Animal Crossing-ish.

According to GameSpot, which found the filing, the MSO(?) would be an environment where players' actions and choices affect the world they and everyone else inhabit. Economic systems are a good example, one Nintendo used in the filing.

In one case, if a player finds building materials and constructs a house, all other players would then see that house, just not its owner. Nintendo also described a concept where players gossip to an AI non-player character. who then spreads it to others in the world.

Finally, if players "friend" one another, they can see and interact with them in the same environment.

One other thing, the filing describes the game being suitable for play on something called a "Wii 3D system." This was filed last year, before the 3DS was known. While the term is eye-catching, its quite possible its either a mislabeling, our outdated information made non-operative by the 3DS and/or Wii U. It could also be legit, but this is hardly confirmation of that.

Yeah, I read this information on Destructoid a few days ago. I didn't really think about it connecting to AC right away, but I kind of see what you're saying.

I mean, it's unlike Nintendo to create new franchises in this day and age. And out of the ones they have right now, Animal Crossing is certainly our best bet for this type of game.

Hm. Very interesting, nice observation.

News: Big Nintendo Announcement in September
Posted by Ashley Jones - Aug 23rd 2011 10:30

Nintendo apparently has a big announcement planned for next month. Let the speculation begin!

According to numerous Japanese sources Nintendo is preparing to make a big announcement next month, supposedly on September 13th although the exact date has not yet been confirmed.

Andriasang report that Inside Games and Bloomberg have both suggested that recent surges in share purchasing has come about because Nintendo is expected to host a big 3DS-related event on September 13th in Japan. Andriasang note that this is just before the Tokyo Game Show, which begins on September 15th, and while Nintendo typically miss the event they did host their own conference just after it last year.

What will come of this event is unclear although it does seem related to the 3DS in some manner. Reports suggest that Nintendo is planning on announcing a really big title. With many of Nintendo's big franchises already on their way, such as Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing and many others, we can but wait to see what happens. Let us know what you'd like to see in the comments section below.

Source: Andriasang

You don't need to post the same thing millions of times. I highly doubt it has anything to do with AC3DS, most of the speculation is going towards Pokemon..

Yea... Or the announcement of the Nintendo 3DS Lite or something like that ~.~

You don't need to post the same thing millions of times. I highly doubt it has anything to do with AC3DS, most of the speculation is going towards Pokemon..

only posted it 2 times for one and two they my have more then just one game to talk about and i dont think pokemon is a very big game to me but i guess will will find out when the day comes and if you dont like my thread you dont have to read it

Back