• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Metallic Blue New 3DS XL

Reyrey

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Jingle Christmas Doll
Red Candy
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Silver Mailbox
Small Mailbox
White Tulip
So I?ve been looking around the Internet forever trying to find a blue new 3DS xl but I can?t find anything. I can?t even find a japanese version. Anyone know where I can find one? Or the shell for one? I know English versions exists too but I can?t find that anywhere either. It?s dissapointing how I still can?t find a blue version. Not even at launch could I find one 3 years ago.

I found one on walmart, but watch walmart cause its not THEIR item, it's shipped by Walmart, so the prices are always weird and messed up.

Have you tried Ebay and Amazon? A quick Google search and those 2 come up first. Mostly Ebay.

i'm sorry i can't help you here but that is PRETTY!! the inside looks just like my galaxy style and the outside really reminds me of my old ds lite. good luck finding one though! again, sorry i can't help.

I found one on walmart, but watch walmart cause its not THEIR item, it's shipped by Walmart, so the prices are always weird and messed up.

Have you tried Ebay and Amazon? A quick Google search and those 2 come up first. Mostly Ebay.
I just looked. They seem a bit pricy. I looked on aliexpress and I found it but its sold out sadly.

True yeah, it might be cause Nintendo isn't making them anymore and it is an older version, but I really think its cause its Walmart. Walmart is just stupid like that.

But if it's somethin you really want in that exact style and color, it might be worth to pay a little more. I can't say I've seen a metallic blue New 3DS XL in stores in forever.

Update: I found out the same system but in red has been discontinued. I couldn't find if the metallic blue was thou. That might also be a reason for the higher price. I also did find one on Walmart for 199. I guess you gotta do some digging to find one for also decent price.

Last edited:
maybe you should buy a white or black one and buy a blue skin for it? that would be way cheaper. i think skins only cost about $10.

maybe you should buy a white or black one and buy a blue skin for it? that would be way cheaper. i think skins only cost about $10.

That’s an option. I don’t really like skins though. Plus, the shinieness of the top and bottom of the DS looks amazing. I’m also worried they will peel off very easily since I play on all my DSes a lot. I use clear cases to preserve the shinieness because the second you touch your new 3DS xl without putting a case on first, it turns super cloudy.

I guess they are no longer for sale huh...

I bought mine about 2 years ago when I wanted one of the New 3DS models but it seems like they've stopped manufacturing them.

Where did you two get them from may I ask? Also, it’s the blue one, not galaxy, right? Any suggestions for Chinese or knockoff websites are appreciated too. Desperately looking for the shell at least!

Where did you two get them from may I ask? Also, it’s the blue one, not galaxy, right? Any suggestions for Chinese or knockoff websites are appreciated too. Desperately looking for the shell at least!

I got it from the local game store. It was the metallic blue xl. I'm not sure if they are for sale anymore :(

I live in Europe, the galaxy one didn't even release here :/ I really wanted to get that one but the only available models aside from game bundles were the Metallic Blue and Metallic Black systems.

I dunno about the shell, I'm not really into that sorta stuff so I can't help you with that sorry :(

Last edited:
That's weird I got one last year.

you can get n3ds/n3ds xl consoles if you are lucky from some eg. gamestops or used other game places and such but i think they more or less only make n2ds xls now, correct me if i'm wrong. but yeah try maybe game stores or as someone suggested ebay, amazon etc but watch out for non serious sellers.

if you have the money to use shopping service sometimes you can find other regional ones there too.

Hmm if you want you can buy a decal. :eek:

You could buy a transparent case for your system if you get one too. Not only will it protect the system and the decal itself but you'll have the decal shining thanks to the case.

Alright, thanks guys. I also see there is an orange and black one and a pink and white version. I think I’m going to just get blue off of eBay. That’s a good idea with the decal, but I’d still rather have it be the actual shell being the color and not just a sticker.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I live in Europe, the galaxy one didn't even release here :/ I really wanted to get that one but the only available models aside from game bundles were the Metallic Blue and Metallic Black systems.

I dunno about the shell, I'm not really into that sorta stuff so I can't help you with that sorry :(
Just wanted to say, it’s sad how US got all the ones with designs like Zelda and Galaxy and japan and other places got some exlusive colors nowhere to be found in the US. Why not release them all everywhere? ( plus the prices from buying the versions not available in your country and it being shipped to yours isn’t not pretty either ) Well, im glad eBay has some consoles that aren’t ultra pricy.

About the skins, if you can't find the system you want, if you buy skins make for the Nintendo (preferably by Nintendo company but there are some great ones on amazon) the skins don't peel off, unless it was rubbed ALOT. I had a skin on my DS lite, and a small part for rubbed off cause 1 the material and 2 it was in an area of constant rubbing. However, I'm pretty sure you can find a good quality skin. It depends on the skin finish.

About the skins, if you can't find the system you want, if you buy skins make for the Nintendo (preferably by Nintendo company but there are some great ones on amazon) the skins don't peel off, unless it was rubbed ALOT. I had a skin on my DS lite, and a small part for rubbed off cause 1 the material and 2 it was in an area of constant rubbing. However, I'm pretty sure you can find a good quality skin. It depends on the skin finish.

Skins aren't the same as shells, we're talking the actual plastic that encases the hardware.

Back