• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Modern Police Station Vs. Classic Police Station

Blueskyy

You gotta know that the sky belongs to no one.
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Christmas Candy
Green Star Fragment
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Daisy Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
So I have been waiting a few months for a villager to ping me to add a police station to the PWPS, and a few days ago Molly finally asked me to build the modern one. I did it right away. I realized that only Copper is there and not Booker. I then looked online and realized there are two different police stations, so I'll never see Booker (who I like more than Copper). However, I do like the look of the modern police station. Which one do people generally prefer? Although I'll never see Booker in New Leaf, I think I'm happy to have this one.

I prefer the look of the modern one, I like both dogs and didn't mind which one I got. Although I do feel safer under Copper's watch ;)

I prefer the look of the modern one, I like both dogs and didn't mind which one I got. Although I do feel safer under Copper's watch ;)

Yes I definitely do feel safer with Copper. I just liked Booker more. I think I did the right thing without realizing it thouhg, I thinkkkk....

I remember making the choice between the two in one of my older towns (haven't earned the police station yet in my current one). I liked the clean cut look of the modern police station, and the look of the classic police station did look a bit shabby. However, I had ended up picking the classic police station, all because of Booker. I had been to friends towns; two had booker and copper. This way, I could experience what both of them were like. I thought Copper was kinda like the tough guy who could knock you out if you committed a crime. However, I felt he was just too standard, too typical of a police officer. Booker, on the other hand, was spectacular. He reminded me a lot of the lazy villager personality. I loved how he was always sorry after everything (added to his charm), and although he definitely wouldn't make a good police officer, he was definitely the perfect addition to my town. Also, the brown building kinda fit the nature-theme of my town :D

I just chose the classic one without knowing what they looked like and such, but Booker is alright though I kind of wish I had both and did some researching

I just chose the classic one without knowing what they looked like and such, but Booker is alright though I kind of wish I had both and did some researching

I feel the same way. I had only seen the modern one and just thought they cut out Booker for some reason (since the modern police station is the one I remember seeing from the Gamecube version). I wish I looked a little more into it, but I was just ready to jump on the chance to finally have a police station and that was the only option I had.

I feel the same way. I had only seen the modern one and just thought they cut out Booker for some reason (since the modern police station is the one I remember seeing from the Gamecube version). I wish I looked a little more into it, but I was just ready to jump on the chance to finally have a police station and that was the only option I had.

Oh for sure! Both are good so win win xD

I like the look of the classic station better, but I like Copper more than Booker.

It's kind of complicated. I like the look of the Classic Police Station better, but I prefer Copper over Booker.

I have one of each and only picked the Classic Police Station at all for one town because it fit the theme of that town more, that being a horror movie. I felt that Booker, being bumbling and incompetent at his job, fit in better. The wooden exterior also looked more appropriate.

Copper is preferable in most any other situation for me. I like the professionalism and the appeal of Booker's personality wares off quickly.

It's kind of complicated. I like the look of the Classic Police Station better, but I prefer Copper over Booker.

I have one of each and only picked the Classic Police Station at all for one town because it fit the theme of that town more, that being a horror movie. I felt that Booker, being bumbling and incompetent at his job, fit in better. The wooden exterior also looked more appropriate.

Copper is preferable in most any other situation for me. I like the professionalism and the appeal of Booker's personality wares off quickly.

Thanks! I think I realized as much as I like Booker, he's just comic relief for the true sheriff. The Barney to Andy. I feel better now. Plus the modern station is more nostalgic to me because it is how I remember the police station back in 2002.

I like the modern one compared to the classic one. Idk why but Bookers face kinda creeps me out a bit.

I like the modern one compared to the classic one. Idk why but Bookers face kinda creeps me out a bit.

Yeah I think I'm ok with my decision. I'm someone who played the Gamecube version but didn't play AC again until New Leaf, so the modern station has plenty of nostalgia for me.

I like the modern one, because of Copper and the style fits my town's theme more.

If your town's got a futuristic/uburban theme, modern is a good pick. But if your town looks rural/rustic, go with classic.

i did the same thing when i finally got the police station request :( i would have much preferred booker, and the classic one would have matched with my town better too ;____;

The classic police station fits in better. I mean, look at Re-Tail, town hall and the train station; none of them look like metal cans. LOL

Last edited:
the classic one is much nicer imo, and fits my town better. booker does not fill me with confidence, however! >.< none of this matters though because none of my little... darlings will suggest the friggin thing. sigh.

I chose the classic for my main town's Zen theme and when those lazy villagers request the police station in my secondary town, it's going to be the modern one.

It does sucks not having them both together..

Last edited:
It depends what kind of town you have/are making as to which police station to use.

The modern police station fits towns with paved paths and a lot of modern PWPs. It has more of a city feel to it than the classic one does. It may also go with a wintery town, although I'm not sure.

However, the classic police station fits a range of completely different towns when compared to more modern ones. The classic station fits very well with natural towns and towns with a more foresty feel. It would also suit a fairytale town better, I think.

That's just my views on the subject. :)

Back