• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

MoonGlow Tours Part 7 - New York House

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
The MoonGlow Tours is almost over. There are only two houses left, and they are both north of the river in two different regions. Today's house on the list is the New York house, owned by Morgan.

I know that Florida is now the third most populous state in America, but for the longest time, New York had that rank, which is why I made the New York character third.

Façade and Location:

View attachment 237029

Out of the four exteriors in MoonGlow, the New York one looks the most like the state it represents. It uses the modern house model, which is tall. The façade of the house looks a lot like something from New York. And since New York is one of the richest states in America, the house looks like one of the richer homes.

About half of the state's population lives in New York City, which is not just the one city people think of when it comes to New York, but also the most significant city in the world. Since New York seems to be more about the city on Ellis Island, I located this house in the most populated region in MoonGlow, where six other villagers live. Coincidentally, it is also the closest house to Main Street, where all of the shops are found. New York City has a lot of business. It's where some of the stock markets are headquartered in, where major news outlets are headquartered in, and where many skyscrapers can be seen. Plus, it has a lot of historical and iconic landmarks. So it's proximity to Main Street and the other houses didn't seem like a bad location after all.

The first room may not be the best representative of New York, but I picked the fall forest theme for a reason. Even if half the population lives in the signature city on Ellis Island, most of the land is in upstate New York. Other than the cities, New York is a forest state. It even has a beautiful fall color, which is why the main room is like a fall forest. But the Northeastern States has the four seasons we all know.

Like I said before, New York City has a lot of business. Not just that, but there are towering skyscrapers everywhere. So I made the left room an office-themed room. Every state has their corporations, but New York has a lot.

I know the whole camping theme has been overdone in my past few towns (I even had a large forest in Eastern MoonGlow like this), but I wanted to show more about upstate New York. Somehow, the main room was more of a small town on the edge of the wilderness, but the back room is the wilderness itself. In addition, the autumn wall and autumn floor is one of my favorite carpet and wallpaper combinations. It sits at #3 as one of my favorites (only behind the old brick wall & terra-cotta floor and summit wall & Saharah's desert).

Somehow, I admit not doing as good of a job on this house like I did in the others, but one common theme we see with the city theme is the construction theme. New York is more famous for its largest city, so I picked the right room for the construction theme to take place.

The basement is a Café room, which resembles all these small eateries in New York City. It's kinda like a fast food restaurant, but it could be more of a bakery and coffee shop you see on the corner. The pine tables and chairs even made it look like it.

Finally, I had to make a room that resembles an apartment you see in New York's high-rise towers. The theme is another boring GameCube Version theme, and this time, it's more basic. But I used this theme because it's a city-like theme, not too rich or too poor, and fine for apartments. It seems a little like a 1980's New York apartment. As you may know, New York is a very rich city. But there's also poor parts to it, like the whole Bronx area. And there are some middle-class ones and working-class ones.

That's it for today. Tomorrow will be the final room.

Attachments

• Tour of MoonGlow 20.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 20.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Tour of MoonGlow 67.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 67.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Tour of MoonGlow 68.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 68.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Tour of MoonGlow 69.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 69.JPG