• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

MoonGlow Tours Part 8 - Florida House

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Today is the last day for the MoonGlow Tours. The last house to go over details of is the Florida house, which is owned by Holly, the last character I made for this town.

If you want to know something interesting, if it weren't for the Welcome amiibo update, MoonGlow would've never existed, ever. I would have a hard time placing the villagers wherever I wanted, some furniture pieces that should be on top of tables wouldn't be stacked, it would've taken me longer to finish, and a lot of the items I needed would be missing. Thanks to the update, I was able to make an even better town than StarFall ever was.

Façade and Location:

View attachment 237021

Compared to the other houses, the façade and location of this house is the worst representative of the state it's supposed to represent. First of all, this house is the furthest from both oceans in MoonGlow. In reality, Florida is surrounded by the ocean on three sides. Not to mention, but it has the lowest elevation out of all 50 states in the United States. Granted, it is close to two holding ponds and the big lake, but that's not enough to describe Florida. Secondly, the façade part doesn't look like an average house you see in Florida. It looks like something you can find in a shanty town. So based on my representation, I failed at this part.

However, Florida has a unique national park known as the Everglades, which is kind of like a swamp. Because I wanted the house to look like a typical swamp house, I picked the shanty exteriors. Not to mention, but Holly doesn't mind living in a small shanty house without power. All she wants to live in is a safe place.

The main room is based on a swamp island or some land you can find in a swamp. The carpet and wallpaper shows how lush this swamp is, and how dense the plants are. The cornstalks are actually reeds, not corn crops. I also had some cicadas to create a background noise for the swamp. The outdoor bath was used as a lake. And the rest is related to camping. You can see the tent, the clothesline pole, the camping stove, the lantern, and the radio. The tent color wouldn't mean much though.

To be honest, the left room in the Florida house is actually my worst room I made since I started sharing my towns. The room does seem rushed. However, there is room for symbolism in this room. Florida is known as the Sunshine State, so I placed the Sun furniture piece in there (which actually looks like the sun you see in space). Since oranges are the state fruit, I had oranges along the tables. Lemons are citrus fruits too, and fish can be caught from the ocean. The rubber trees are supposed to be a representative of an orange orchard.

The carpet and wallpaper makes the room look like a deserted island. Somehow, that would been more ideal, but I stuck with this. At least I had use for the Sun furniture besides astronomy.

The back room in the Florida house is a continuation of the swamp the main room started. This time, it's over water. Compared to the other rooms in MoonGlow, this is the most cinematic one. There's no light, the time of this dream town is set at night, the music is K.K. Safari, and I had a frog in the back to make some croaking sounds. The basic display stands are supposed to be pseudo rocks. The cornstalks were used as swamp reeds, again. I had a few rocks and a small island to make the swamp less empty-looking. And I placed all four dragonflies since dragonflies can be found in swamps.

The right room is another beach room, and this one is based after Miami, Florida's most well-known city. The skyscraper wall represents the Miami location, and the sand represents the beach. I had cars and bikes like in the Dallas Street Fair room, and a few beach furniture like the beach chairs and palm-tree lamps. So it looks like a beach you can drive there and back, and a beach to relax on.

The basement would probably be the most interesting room if you're a huge Nintendo fan. Using the items I get from Desert Island Escape and ACNL Puzzle League, as well as the Villager amiibo RV, I was able to construct a Nintendo Store. I also ordered Wii Us and 3DSs from the RVs to make the store sell handhelds and consoles. Oh, and it's a neat furniture shop.

How does this room relate to Florida? It's because Nintendo has agreed with Universal Studios to make a Nintendo-themed land. You can find a Universal Studios theme park in Florida, and Nintendo-themed rides are coming. Therefore, I made the Nintendo store part of the Florida house just like how I made the 7-Eleven store part of the Texas house.

The top floor is another apartment room like the other top floor rooms (except for the Texas one). The city skyline is supposed to represent Jacksonville (the largest city in Florida). Some could say that it looks like a time machine room, but it isn't. But it does have all these weird machines. The train seats, I wanted to use them as anything but for trains. The machines, I wanted to make the room more interesting. The table, it may be inaccessible, and I know this part isn't programmed, but Holly's train seats have an open/close feature, where you can open the ends to get in the booth, then close. It may seem like a weird and quirky room, but this is the only proper room in the Florida house.

And that's it for the MoonGlow Tours. I hope you enjoyed it. I may be updating the town or not, but the MoonGlow Tours is over.

Attachments

• Tour of MoonGlow 14.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 14.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Tour of MoonGlow 79.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 79.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Tour of MoonGlow 80.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 80.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Tour of MoonGlow 81.JPG
    Tour of MoonGlow 81.JPG