Museum Help

Nicbruns

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
My son does not have the option to donate critters to Tom Nook. He has been playing the game for months and no museum. He IS the original island creator. It’s possible he donated to Tom but we can not find the tent?
What can we do!

I was sure you needed the museum to progress the game. It's been a while since I've done the tutorial part, but did your son talk to Tom Nook after donating 15 bugs/fish to him? From what I remember, you're supposed to give a few more (5?) critters to Blathers once he shows up to your island. (Not sure if you could donate fossils and sea creatures at this point.)

It's also important to know how much progress is on the island, since you get the DIYs for the shovel and vaulting pole from Blathers. If you haven't played much, then it could be why you don't have the museum.

You can also look up a guide online to see if you followed the instructions properly.

Yeah, if you don't have the museum in the game, keep talking to Tom Nook. There should be an option for something like "what should I do?" or see what other options are available to talk about.

Since you said you can't find the tent for Tom Nook, press the ZL button on the joy-con and it should bring up your nook phone, and you can select the map app. On the map, you can highlight each location on the island such as villagers houses, shops (eventually), etc... you will want to look for the resident services tent.

At that point just keep talking to Tom Nook and see what you can do next to eventually get the museum.

My son does not have the option to donate critters to Tom Nook. He has been playing the game for months and no museum. He IS the original island creator. It’s possible he donated to Tom but we can not find the tent?
What can we do!
Yeah if you havent found it yet. For as far as I remember you keep donating until he starts the dialogue about Blathers being interested in your island.

Then he asks you to place the museum in a place. You'll get an assignment to place the museum somewhere and I'm assuming with an item in your inventory.

On a completely different note, if he doesn't even give the note for donation there must be a requisite to that. (which can only be the amount of different things you caught on your island in general, I think, i.e. a basic filling of your encyclopedia)

Back