• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

my brother found a new 3ds xl at the goodwill...

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
It was in with the phone cases, faint scratches on the shell, a small ding on the corner, volume and 3d work, screens are pristine and it still has its stylus .
He paid $8 for it. All I had to do is bend the game slot pins up into order. (5 inch upholstery needles come in handy!)
" tell your tree bell friends"
Anybody else ever had a great deal on gaming stuff?

That's crazy!! Maybe I need to do some more thrift store hunting lmao :eyes:

I've personally never found any crazy good deals on video game stuff, though I do manage to find some decent prices on older games in retro game stores (I find a lot of NES games for under $10, and I recently bought a copy of Banjo-Kazooie at an antique store for $25. A lot better than paying like $40-50 lol

That's a pretty sweet find! I haven't been anywhere near as lucky as him, I guess the best deals have just been old PS2 game bundles that I've bought so I could try and replay the games I had as a kid.

Damn I can't quite beat that xD

I did buy a 2DS XL in mint condition with a skin, case and copy of Animal Crossing for $80NZD and I was pretty stoked with that! Secondhand consoles are usually listed $120+, so I thought it was a sweet deal :p

Quite the deal there! You really have to look thoroughly at that things. At times you will find old and pristine computer games in the board game section while they have scratched up Xbox games for three times more in their glass cases. :confused:

Quite the deal there! You really have to look thoroughly at that things. At times you will find old and pristine computer games in the board game section while they have scratched up Xbox games for three times more in their glass cases. :confused:

Yes, the way goodwill handles most of their merchandise is ridiculous. I could go on and on about that, but I suppose they're helping someone.

Last edited:
Nice find, man. I once found Pok?mon Green Version (the japanese original with carton, map, manual and all that) for like $5 at a retro game store so that's my best I think. But yeah some store charge ridiculous prices just because it's old or "rare"(not rare at all more like it) so yeah it's kinda hard to get a deal imo.

:O That is such a steal, and it's the newer model. Which colour is it?

I can't think of any super good discounts on gaming things. I'm too wary of old Wii games, since my Wii has some issues now. I've gotten some Xbox 1 games for cheap at GameStop when they have sales going on. I did get a pretty much never used 3DS XL red for 60 dollars from someone I know. Not so much as a great deal but it's much better than paying 100 something for even a used 3DS console.

I have not considered buying or finding video games at thrift shops before. I might give this a go one day. A deal I had was winning my 3ds at an arcade game and I spent $44. This was back in 2012.

:O That is such a steal, and it's the newer model. Which colour is it?

I can't think of any super good discounts on gaming things. I'm too wary of old Wii games, since my Wii has some issues now. I've gotten some Xbox 1 games for cheap at GameStop when they have sales going on. I did get a pretty much never used 3DS XL red for 60 dollars from someone I know. Not so much as a great deal but it's much better than paying 100 something for even a used 3DS console.

Steal is the operative word, my brother was worried the cashier would say something like it was mis-priced or accuse him of switching tags. she didn't even notice. They have really used dsi's and gameboys in the case for $20 so I'm surprised they missed it.
It's dark red, we're working on getting his current 2ds switched over to it because his screen is failing. (how fortuitous!)
Oh, yeah, $60 is way better than a $100.

Wow, that's incredible. Lucky him. I've had a lot of lucky moments myself going thrift shopping, granted no where near as luck-stricken as finding a still functional 3ds at such a low price. There's a few instances I've found game cartridges on the ground with some dirt on it, but they still worked after some cleaning and reinserting the game a few times and I've also found some great deals on ebay auctions when it's not as busy.

Wow, that's incredible. Lucky him. I've had a lot of lucky moments myself going thrift shopping, granted no where near as luck-stricken as finding a still functional 3ds at such a low price. There's a few instances I've found game cartridges on the ground with some dirt on it, but they still worked after some cleaning and reinserting the game a few times and I've also found some great deals on ebay auctions when it's not as busy.

I found a Mario Kart dsl game for $3 a few years ago. My brother has the best finding luck, he finds money just walking around, hundred dollar bills, 20s etc. :? I use a eBay search site called fatfingers, to look for misspelled listings, (misspelled listing don't come up in a search) they usually don't get seen, ergo, no bids! I bought Zelda phantom hour glass or spirit tracks (i can't recall right now), for $18, it's usually at least twice that.

I found a Mario Kart dsl game for $3 a few years ago. My brother has the best finding luck, he finds money just walking around, hundred dollar bills, 20s etc. :? I use a eBay search site called fatfingers, to look for misspelled listings, (misspelled listing don't come up in a search) they usually don't get seen, ergo, no bids! I bought Zelda phantom hour glass or spirit tracks (i can't recall right now), for $18, it's usually at least twice that.

Oh, that's really good advise! I never thought of purposely misspelling titles on the search bar to find games at a cheaper price. I'll be sure to add that to my memory bank. :p Thanks.

I've found some money while walking, too - mostly 20 dollar bills (never 100, sadly). On rare occasions, I've also found foreign coins and it left me wondering "who would carry foreign coins in their pockets?" I wouldn't; I'd keep them at home hidden away. About the most luck I've had in bids (cheapest price I've bought a game for) is Happy Home for about $9-10 and Rune Factory 4 at $19.

what a lucky find! i have a weird thing about buying used electronics, but that is quite a good discount.

i found a crystal blue 2ds with a case and mario party for 60 dollars i sold the crystal blue 2ds for 200 shortly after and i kept the game and case and bought a mari kart 8 version, i also found a giant box of nes games consoles and controllers for 5 dollars i was like r u series i sold them all for 400+, ive gotten xbox 360s for free and that sorta stuff a ton of playstations but idk if that tops it XD, tho me and my fam found a huge sealed n64 lot 100+ games consoles cases controllers docks etc for 1000 sold for soooooo much more

Last edited:
That was a lucky find! I remember searching the electronics bins at my local good will when I was growing up.
I would have been lucky to have found a tamagachi, let alone a DS... Can't say any of my finds have been nearly as spectacular as that haha.

Back