samxmas

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
3622-0621-0339
Small Mailbox
In my new switch I press the "-" button and went to try and restore the island data, but tom nook said he doesn't find my island data 😭

I'm pretty sure I had my island backed up before my switch broke.

Is there really no other way and I lost my island forever? Help please😭

I believe you have to have your original switch to transfer it over...

I remember this happening a while ago in Neb's thread... - here's my response from the thread:
Do you have the original switch by any chance?
A friend of mine actually told me about an experience she had that was very similar to this. She said she switched over to a new switch and her island was gone despite the backups.

She thankfully didn't sell her old switch cause she needed it for the transfer. She also needed to download something from the e-shop? Some kind of transfer tool..

Oof, it's always unfortunate losing your stuff x_x if you need help with anything in game, I can help

I’m pretty sure your backup should still be in Nintendo’s cloud. Have you tried contacting Nintendo customer service for this? They should be able to restore a backed up island to a new switch. This is a different feature to the island transfer feature. I hope you get your island back!

Oh so is it lost for good or not? o_O
I contacted nintendo and they refer it to the FAQ section where they tell how to backup/restore island

You know, the usual stuff 🥴

That’s strange, looking up the FAQ I found this:

“Recovery is only available in situations where the source (original) Nintendo Switch console is no longer available (e.g. re-sold, traded in, lost, stolen, or damaged). A new or repaired Nintendo Switch console is required. An active Nintendo Switch Online membership is also required. In the event of loss or damage, contact Nintendo Customer Support, and a representative can help you restore the island and user save data on your new or repaired Nintendo Switch console (standard charges apply for non-warranty repairs)”

So that means that Nintendo customer service should be the ones to restore your island for you.
You can try copying and pasting the above paragraph to them so they know you read the FAQ and the above situation applies?

1724694805312.png

thanks. if I can get my island back i would be forever grateful ;-;
I've contacted nintendo again but they couldnt process my backup... I'm not giving up now so I hope I can get them to restore ;-;

• Hug
Reactions: Doo
View attachment 581298

thanks. if I can get my island back i would be forever grateful ;-;
I've contacted nintendo again but they couldnt process my backup... I'm not giving up now so I hope I can get them to restore ;-;
what was the reason they can't process your request to restore your island backup??

what was the reason they can't process your request to restore your island backup??
They didn't specify... I asked it twice but their response is "were sorry we tried everything we can but couldn't" Type of response...

Though, I live in Indonesia and contacted Nintendo of America. Might that be the problem of why they couldnt help?

They didn't specify... I asked it twice but their response is "were sorry we tried everything we can but couldn't" Type of response...

Though, I live in Indonesia and contacted Nintendo of America. Might that be the problem of why they couldnt help?
oh what the heck!
yes you should do that

the indonesia site is really really bad and outdated, i can't even file a request or complaints lol...

and nintendo decides to call me from their phone and ask me for my timezone and preferred calling time

I filled in my timezone is GMT+7 and prefer 9 PM

but yesterday, nintendo called me at 4 AM...! to both numbers

needless to say I'm asleep, and I missed it...

Thank you guys for the celebration😭😭

It took me 2 weeks. At first, I chatted Nintendo and they hard refuse to restore my data, I couldnt do anything about it they said.

And then I didn't give up, I tried contacting the SEA region site (cause I'm in Indonesia), but the site are really bad, it looks unfinished and outdated. Didnt get a response.

And then the final things I did is to call the contact support in the US.

Took me many tries, first 1-2 calls the CS doesn't really know what to do, and recommend some weird things like changing my region to indonesia first (the region has only 4 options, like the americas, so couldnt do anything).

The next call she found my exact date of savedata being in October 2022! But I have to tell them my old switch serial number!

I checked and the serial number's paper writing have been wiped out due to age, so I can't provide and panicked. Thankfully after some search, I still have the picture of my last receipt of trying to repair my switch, and there's the serial numbers.

After that they redirect me to another person. And I provide the inquiry numbers, but lo and behold! They said they unable to do so, again.

I argued that the previous staff said she found the exact date of my last save. And they finally willing to check, they said we will look into the back office, and hung up the call.

And after 2 days I finally got an email from nintendo that my savedata is finally restored...

Thank you so much for the support! I missed my island so much 😭

Back