• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

My rankings of the Pokemon types - Part 2

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Yesterday, I went over a list of types I thought was the best offensively. Today, my list are on the worst types offensively. Like said before, the types are ranked, based on how many types the moves of one type are super effective to, not very effective to, or have no effect. They're also based on how powerful the moves are, how accurate they are, and how many drawbacks and limits the moves have.

While I started with the best yesterday, I'm starting with the worst in my opinion.

If you do not agree, you can write your opinion in the comments section.

Worst nine Pokemon types:

1. Poison - Despite having a status condition that curses Pokemon with HP consuming conditions, this is the worst type offensively. The moves (except Sludge Bomb) are not very good. It's also bad against four types and has no effect towards steel. And for five generations, it was only good against grass Pokemon. For the longest period of time, poison was one of the three to have no Pokemon with a double weakness to, until they introduced fairy Pokemon. In fact, it's not even about the attacks. It's about the status condition they cause. When there are more resistant types than weak types to one type, it's not very good.
  2. Bug - Back in the first generation, it used to be very weak. Even if it was the only type super-effective to psychic Pokemon in the first gen, the moves were still too weak. But now, they have improved. They got a lot of cool moves (like Signal Beam) that deals heavy damage with a good accuracy. But it's only super effective to grass, psychic, and dark Pokemon while not being effective to seven different types. The fact that there are seven types resistant to one really skewers the score. This means there's a lot of combinations to double-resistant moves.
  3. Grass - just like the bug type, grass is only super effective to three types while being ineffective to seven types. But Pokemon with double weaknesses to this type are very common. It also has Grass Knot, which is a tough move on heavy Pokemon (especially ground and rock Pokemon with poor special defense). It also has Solar Beam, which doesn't even need two turns if harsh sunlight is active. But having seven types it's not effective to shows it's not the best offensively. Far from it actually. In fact, it's the worst starter type offensively.
  4. Flying - flying Pokemon are not that bad. It has three types it's super effective to, and three types it's not very effective to. It can take out fighting, grass, and bug Pokemon pretty well, but it's nothing when it's against a steel Pokemon, a rock Pokemon, or an electric Pokemon. It also has a lot of two-turn moves, which makes this type below average.
  5. Steel - it may be good defensively, but on the offensive scale, it's only good against three types (including fairy) while being not very effective to four types. In fact, before the sixth gen, there was no Pokemon with a double weakness to steel (but there were a couple with a double resistance to it). Another problem is that it has a lot of moves with less than 100% accuracy and less than 100% power at once. In fact, the only non-exclusive steel type moves with 100% accuracy and a good power are Flash Cannon and Iron Head. They are good moves, but the lack of good steel moves shows us that it's not very good on the offensive side. And I know all about Gyro Ball, which is only more powerful the slower the Pokemon is, and slower makes you go last.
  6. Normal - I was disgusted with normal type moves because of how bland it is compared to the other seventeen types, but when it comes to offense, it's actually pretty average. It may be the only type that is not super effective to any, but it's only not very effective to rock and steel Pokemon while not having any effect on ghost Pokemon. The only reason why it's so powerful is because it relies on same-type attack bonuses. It also hosts the most powerful moves that aren't Z-moves, but they have major drawbacks. Hyper Beam requires recharge after use, and Self-Destruct and Explosion instantly kills your Pokemon after usage. And what else? Normal moves include two one-hit knockout moves (Horn Drill and Guillotine).
  7. Electric - Pikachu may be a cute Pokemon, but I couldn't rank his type higher than #12. It has a lot of good moves, but there are two that hit you with a recoil. Also, it may have its own status condition (paralyze), but that status condition doesn't stop opponents from attacking completely. Another strength of this type is that it has a good mix of physical and special moves, while having very few with an accuracy less than 100%. As for the typing battles, it's good against only water and flying types. It's a big deal for the water types since only two of them are good against it, but it's also not very effective to dragon and grass Pokemon. And that's not all. Electric has no effect towards ground Pokemon.
  8. Rock - I would've ranked the other earth type higher along ground, but it's not that good. It may be super-effective to four different types, not very effective to three types, and no effect to no type, but the move pool is not good. They tend to have either a low power or an accuracy of less than 100% (with Power Gem being the outlier). It does at least have a weather status move that causes damage to all Pokemon but ground, rock, and steel. It also can hit flying Pokemon pretty hard (something ground could never do). It only has two special moves, but at least both have 100% accuracy.
  9. Water - Back at the midpoint, but on the lower half, is the most common type of them all - water. It's more special than physical, but it has a good variation of physical moves. It had a weather status move that boosts the power of water-type moves. And it's good against fire, ground, and rock. It's only not good against grass, dragon, and itself. Believe me, it's a good type, and there's a lot of water Pokemon to catch.

Now that's it for the rankings of the types based on offense. The next entry will be my rankings based on defense.

Back