• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

My subjective list of the furniture themes

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Red Foraged Brushroom
Blue Foraged Brushroom
Stained Trombone Spore Foraged Mushroom
Embarrassed Foraged Blushroom
Shiny Foongus Foraged Mushroom
Monumental Foraged Mushroom
Zero-G, Commander, Foraged Mushroom
Bronzed Bushwhacker Foraged Mushroom
Booton Foraged Mushroom
Pink Poyopuffball Foraged Mushroom
Before I would go over my last opinion blog entry for a while, I would like to talk about my mayor character. Today is Mayor Kaylee's birthday. She is turning 21. The town of StarFall is in the hands of a 21 year old. So I wish my mayoral character a happy birthday. I'm even thinking about buying four birthstones in the shop. One for me, and three for my human characters in StarFall.

But here is what this blog entry is really about. I'm going to evaluate all of the furniture themes and how I rank them. Unlike last two times when I ranked all 37 furniture series in two lists, I'm going to start out with the best. In addition, I won't color the theme names. I know which game each theme is introduced to, but the reason why is because there are too few furniture themes. That, and they're not as interesting as furniture series, but they are better than sets.

• #1 - Sci-fi Theme - this New Leaf introduced furniture theme is another good example New Leaf pwns the other three games. Because of its spaceship-like theme and the fact it would be good for a future city office building, the Sci-fi Theme has to be my favorite. Another thing I like is that half the furniture that comes out of this theme have a feature where you can press A to turn on and off, like the lamps, TVs, and special objects such as fans and sinks. Plus, this theme is the most identical to the Cross-Controller theme in Little Big Planet, the best theme from any video game.
  • #2 - Mad Scientist's Theme - this is another Sci-fi based furniture theme I would rank high. It's not just good for a Sci-fi themed house like Kaylee's house in StarFall, but it's also good for a haunted house. Like the Sci-fi Theme, the Mad Scientist's Theme has machines, on/off furniture, and furniture that appeals to the eye. It's so funny that one of their machines is actually a table furniture piece. It's not my favorite from the entire series, but it is my favorite from most of the series.
  • #3 - Backyard Theme - this would have to be my favorite furniture theme that was here since the Gamecube version. Although I like the entire series, I'm more in favor of the sprinkler furniture piece, one of these unique on/off furniture pieces. The water coming out, the sound it makes, and the looks just made this piece the best of this furniture theme. I hated it that it's unorderable in New Leaf, despite being provided at Nooklings Store. But I have three of these in my town, one in my museum that uses this theme, and two in Jenny's house.
  • #4 - Construction Theme - I enjoy urban themes a lot, and the Construction Theme is one of them. Despite having nothing but display-only furniture, it brings back memories of the construction games I played when I was 5 years old to 7 years old. The truth here is that I never got to complete this theme at all until this year.
  • #5 - Western Theme - I like Mexican-themed attractions and displays, but I'm not a huge fan of Western-themed. It's still very good compared to most of the themes. If any furniture series matched this theme, it would be both the Cabin Series and the Ranch Series, the two non-special furniture series from the Gamecube version in my top ten furniture series. This is one of the themes in display in my custom exhibits in the museum, along with a backyard themed exhibit, a construction themed exhibit, and a 7-Eleven Bar that occupied one of my custom displays.
  • #6 - Space Theme - despite its Sci-fi based motif, it's more of a space exploration theme rather than a futuristic theme. Therefore, it missed the mark, but at least it's in the top half of my list.
  • #7 - Creepy Theme - it looks better than the Spooky Series when it comes to Halloween decorations, and I prefer this furniture theme as the furniture theme to get from Jack rather than the Spooky Series. However, the items are too small and not good for filling up an 8x8 room if we're having only one of each objects. I put this furniture theme in use in Jenny's house in StarFall, but it's not a winner. It did stay out of the bottom five at least.
  • #8 - Spa Theme - I almost have no opinion on this furniture theme. I think the Japanese themes are cool looking and are better off if not separated in different houses, but I give it an absolute neutral score.
  • #9 - Boxing Theme - just like the Spa Theme, the Boxing Theme is quite neutral, and it's hard for me to think of an opinion, but Boxing isn't one of my favorite competition games or sports to watch. I like the ambience of the theme, but it leans more negative.
  • #10 - Pirate Theme - I've never been a fan of the swashbuckling themes like the Pirate Theme. At least it's not bad, but not good. I know getting every object in this theme isn't hard, but every item from this theme is unorderable.
  • #11 - Mario Theme - not only collecting every furniture piece is too hard without online trading, but it's too weird. I can't think of anything else to say about this theme, but I can say it made it to the bottom.
  • #12 - Nursery Theme - just like what I said in the first part of my list of all 37 furniture series ranking, I do not like preschool like themes. This theme looks more babyish than the Kiddie Series

That's all on opinions on the Animal Crossing series. For the next five 4th entries, I'm going to write close-up analysis of in-game features and stuff for New Leaf.

Back