• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

My Town is Balding

AprilfromShoebox

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti

I've been playing this town for almost 5 years now (It'll be the 5th anniversary in October!) and it's definitely had a toll on the grass in my village.
These are just a few examples of spots where public works projects, villager houses, and regular wear and tear have caused the grass to disappear.

But! I have recently learned that you can regrow grass easily by planting flowers over the spots and time traveling. So soon my town will be green and lush once again!

Next time on Shoebox Stories... doctor grass makes a visit to our town and greens the whole place up!

Thanks for reading Mayor April's Shoebox Story!
View attachment 237688
it's 2am and I just drew this comic about my animal crossing villager making a weed garden. This is a cry for help.

Attachments

• HNI_0008.JPG
    HNI_0008.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 97
  • HNI_0009.JPG
    HNI_0009.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 96
  • drgrass.jpg
    drgrass.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 26
My ACWW village is balding, but honestly it's a really good reason to come onto Animal Crossing every day

Skater;bt17242 said:
My ACWW village is balding, but honestly it's a really good reason to come onto Animal Crossing every day

How does it work in WW? Because in NL the more you walk on a spot the quicker it loses grass, so it's almost an incentive not to play every day!

Last edited:
This brings back memories of my old City Folk town. I had played in it so long that there was basically no grass left. Just these vast deserts with tiny bits of grass left in secluded areas. Honestly it didn't bother me too much though, since I was so used to it.

AprilfromShoebox;bt17243 said:
How does it work in WW? Because in NL the more you walk on a spot the quicker it loses grass, so it's almost an incentive not to play every day!
In ACWW is goes away by running on it and being away from your town, best way to fix it in ACWW is to not run anywhere and to play a least a few seconds everyday, this goes the same for ACCF

MapleSilver;bt17249 said:
This brings back memories of my old City Folk town. I had played in it so long that there was basically no grass left. Just these vast deserts with tiny bits of grass left in secluded areas. Honestly it didn't bother me too much though, since I was so used to it.
Yeah, that's totally true! I remember playing City Folk as a kid and wondering why my town had turned into a big desert! Grass went away so quickly in that game.
I didn't mind in city folk because the dirt wasn't ugly and didn't really stand out too much. In new leaf the dirt looks muddy and gross so I try to protect my grass as much as possible.

Back