• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

MyNintendo Rewards - Giant Ripoff?

amazonevan19

DLELELEWOOOOP
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
1404-3604-3427
Coco
New Leaf Token
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Lobo
Leif
Don't see a thread about this, so I decided to make one. It's kind of a ranty OP but I think it needs to be said.

Nintendo replaced the old club nintendo program with MyNintendo Rewards. You can get platinum points and gold points to redeem for different rewards. Gold points are typically obtained by purchasing new games - and you usually get 12 gold coins per purchase. Platinum points typically get you nice wallpapers or some in game rewards for Nintendo mobile games.

So switch rewards are coming out on March 4th. Way too late for a ton of people who got the switch last year and have already seen tons of their gold coins expire since they were waiting for switch rewards.

- Why in hell has Nintendo waited this long for switch rewards?
- Why does Nintendo offer discounts on games like Sticker Star, which is typically selling for $5-$15 already? (ie 30% off of Sticker Star full price...terrible terrible deal)
- Why is Nintendo still giving rewards for the Wii U, a system they DON'T EVEN MANUFACTURE AND SELL ANYMORE?
- Why does Nintendo think it's a good idea to offer discounts on games as their usual reward? I paid $60 to get a game and 12 gold coins...in order to spend just a little bit less money on another game??

Granted, we have two days until we see the switch rewards, and I did not have personal experience with Club Nintendo, but from my understanding/what I've heard, MyNintendo is WAY inferior to Club Nintendo and pretty much represents a big ripoff to consumers. Sure, some of the platinum rewards have been pretty decent, but they're certainly nowhere near the level of Club Nintendo, and the gold rewards are a joke.

I loved club Nintendo GOD DAMNIT
I only redeemed my feh points and got a few 3ds themes and flipnote studio which I don't use ;;

I know it's a lot to ask, but I am hoping Nintendo have learned the mistakes with the 3DS and Wii U rewards and give us some actual decent content. I miss being able to redeem VC games!! Like if you're going to give us a discount, 1) Make it at least 50% off (This is a rewards program, hence why it should be REWARDING) and 2) Make it for an actual popular game!! I do not see the point in using a discount for a game that is not good or is not even well known... PLEASE NINTENDO, REDEEM YOURSELVES (Still love you though)!

I tried searching for actual Switch rewards that's releasing at March 4th 2018, and I couldn't figure out what they are.

However, it's worth pointing out that Nintendo has figured out another way to get us spending Gold Points. Starting early this month, My Nintendo will allow us exchanging our Gold Points for practically any software/DLC on eShop. Each Gold Point is worth about 5?, so 100 Gold Points would yield you $5.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...r_my_nintendo_gold_points_on_the_switch_eshop

I remember when many were e-mailing Nintendo directly complaining about the quality of the rewards. Some said they wanted only digital, some preferred the physical. I still want the Japanese pixel Mario cushion.

I loved club Nintendo GOD DAMNIT
I only redeemed my feh points and got a few 3ds themes and flipnote studio which I don't use ;;

I mean just now I did get some pretty sick botw wallpapers but I liked physical items :(

Because you can still use the Wii U wi-fi and stuff I guess? shrugs.

Yeah, I agree they don't have the best selection of games discounts and rewards sometimes, but I don't mind getting themes free with Platinum points... I probs have one or two gold ones as well I assume lol.

And yeah the wallpaper are kinda useless since idk you can probably get em some other way and most of the time they are not that nice.

I tried searching for actual Switch rewards that's releasing at March 4th 2018, and I couldn't figure out what they are.

However, it's worth pointing out that Nintendo has figured out another way to get us spending Gold Points. Starting early this month, My Nintendo will allow us exchanging our Gold Points for practically any software/DLC on eShop. Each Gold Point is worth about 5?, so 100 Gold Points would yield you $5.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...r_my_nintendo_gold_points_on_the_switch_eshop

well duh, it's because they're going to be revealed tomorrow...

But that's nice they're going to let us spend the points for anything. The exchange rate is hot garbage but at least you aren't shoehorned into spending gold points on stuff you don't really want.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean just now I did get some pretty sick botw wallpapers but I liked physical items :(

yeah. I like some of the stuff they have, but I really miss the physical exclusives. :(

i do miss the old club nintendo rewards - my family shared an account and by the time the service ended we had quite a lot of stuff!! plus it was really cool having stuff actually arrive.

and also yeah the current rewards have been **** - who evem ****ing pays for the wallpapers when you can just download them off google

i do miss the old club nintendo rewards - my family shared an account and by the time the service ended we had quite a lot of stuff!! plus it was really cool having stuff actually arrive.

and also yeah the current rewards have been **** - who evem ****ing pays for the wallpapers when you can just download them off google

Ikr, and I remember the Persona 4: Dancing All Night when you got the LE box you get some wallpaper people already had on imgur so it's like.. bruh why lol.

It would be nice if they didn't get rid of CN. I've been on their new reward site many times and it confuses me so much...

I also regret not buying merchandise off of Club Nintendo when it was still up. I would love to have a notebook that has Peach on it or anything like that!!

Does anyone know when or where they say that the rewards would be releasing today?

Last edited:
So switch rewards are coming out on March 4th. Way too late for a ton of people who got the switch last year and have already seen tons of their gold coins expire since they were waiting for switch rewards.

Actually, if you check "Points History" on your My Nintendo Account, it actually shows that points last until the end of the month they were first redeemed (6 month/1 Year later, depending on if they are Platinum or Gold Points), and even Nintendo states this. For example, if you are a Switch owner you redeemed the points on March 3rd 2017, you actually get until the end of March 2018. Now obviously, it still sucks since they will only have March to decide which games/discounts they would want, which is kind of crappy, but hey, what can you do?

Although, I must admit, I am quite sure March 4th A.K.A. today is not the day Nintendo will be releasing their rewards for the Switch, as they have never really stated an official release date. The closest confirmation we have to a release date is "Early March 2018," but nothing about it being the 4th of March 2018. My bad if I am clearly missing something, but not once have I seen an article about the exact release date.

I honestly like it, only because I checked my account awhile ago and had a bunch of points, so I got some free 3ds themes

https://my.nintendo.com/about_gold_point

So it seems that as of now, since is what we are getting. I must say, I am quite disappointed. There are not even any actual rewards yet. I was hoping for there to be at LEAST some kind of discounts, but this is all they posted; the stuff we already know. So as already confirmed, you do not get very much out of your gold coins for the Switch (And it is 1 Gold Point = 1 Cent in Canada; in other words, I cannot even get a dollar off with the amount of coins I have). However, it does say "New changes starting March 5th," so MAYBE things will look and they have something in store. Hopefully...

Last edited:
Club Nintendo was really cool, I'm sad that it's gone but I understand that My Nintendo is much easier to manage as it's a fully automated system I think. Hopefully they hurry with their Switch rewards because I've already lost like 50 gold points because none of the rewards interest me. I also hope they'll let you buy full games or eShop balance like with Club Nintendo because I have 240 gold points at the moment and I hope they'll put up a more valuable reward than a strategy guide.

Last edited:
Yeah, I preferred when there were physical items instead of just digital ones. I keep getting random wallpapers and items for phone games just so my coins don't expire. I haven't seen anything I actually wanted to get though. Gamestop's power up rewards is doing the same thing. Now that I actually have points for that, there are no physical items to get any more.

1 gold coin = 1 cent. That is indescribably ****ty

Guess I'll save up my gold coins and buy some indie sometime with them *shrugs*

I did enjoy Club Nintendo rewards and when I purchase old games that still have the page in them I get a bit sad. But I don't totally HATE MyNintendo rewards. But the only good stuff comes with gold points and most of it is just discounts for games that don't cost that much or are total shovelware crap. I would enjoy it more if you could possibly earn something good (such as a good game) with silver points. And I'm not meaning like "oh 500 silver points and you can buy a 70 dollar switch title" but something decent and older.

I regret not buying any of the physical rewards with club Nintendo. Well, I could only afford things I didn?t really want like a calander or pencils, but still.

I don?t buy games that often, I hope they got rid of the expiration for coins so I can hoard them to spend on something good.

Back