• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Need help

Nekoboi

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Ok I just got the Japanese version of ac:nl and I'm on day one/almost day two and I'm stuck.
I think I need to get 5 items or something in my book collection ( this is what I believe I need to do) I got already five fish can't fi nd any bugs right now and need help in figuring this out. So I can become a mayor and go behind the desk.

I don't have the answer to your question but out of curiosity, why would you get the Japanese version of Animal Crossing when the English version or whatever language you speak is almost out? :confused:

I don't have the answer to your question but out of curiosity, why would you get the Japanese version of Animal Crossing when the English version or whatever language you speak is almost out? :confused:

Japanese exclusive holidays, dlc, etc

Also the exclusive games on the eshop and such

I wanted to play it while I wait for my copy to get here. That why I got. @litwick that why too

I wouldn't be able to play a game in Japanese, even if I don't need the text to know what i'm doing, it would just ruin the game for me. If I knew a bit of Japanese I would import a Japanese 3DS eyes closed but that's not the case, 2 of the 3 languages I speak are pretty much useless.
I can understand importing a 3DS for some games that won't ever be released outside of Japan, but importing one just for some events on Animal Crossing seem a little bit extreme, especially when the game comes out in 19 days in NA and 24 days in Europe.
Anyway this is none of my business! Have fun with your game Nekoboi! ;)

Doesn't each version have exclusive holidays you can't get in other regions without traveling to the town of someone from that region?

Doesn't each version have exclusive holidays you can't get in other regions without traveling to the town of someone from that region?

Yes but the majority of this forum is getting EU and US versions. I am not sure if there are even any exclusive holidays for those versions compared to the japanese.

But it's not a big deal lol just let Neko do what he wants guys

Last edited:
Delete this for me

Yes but the majority of this forum is getting EU and US versions. I am not sure if there are even any exclusive holidays for those versions compared to the japanese.

But it's not a big deal lol just let Neko do what he wants guys

Thanks litwick btw do you know how I can tell how many mayor points I have gotten so far?

Well, each for his own.

I did buy a full guide in Japanese for an early peek at the things <3

I wouldn't be able to play a game in Japanese, even if I don't need the text to know what i'm doing, it would just ruin the game for me. If I knew a bit of Japanese I would import a Japanese 3DS eyes closed but that's not the case, 2 of the 3 languages I speak are pretty much useless.

Stup -- I didn't get the Japanese version of Animal Crossing, although mostly because I just brought the NA 3DSXL earlier this year and my husband would frown on me importing another one. If the games weren't region locked -- I so would have gotten the Japanese version. I don't know any Japanese, but I got a Harvest Moon game several years back that I used translation guides and Japanese-English dictionaries -- it made it pretty fun because you were learning a new language as well. Granted, there's not a ton of different dialogue in a Harvest Moon compared to Animal Crossing, but it wouldn't have been bad.

how I can tell how many mayor points I have gotten so far?

Here's a guide that translates the Japanese -- http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/65246

Ctrl+F "Head Sonchou" (without quotes) to get information on getting mayor points

Ctrl+F "Around the town" (without quotes) to get to the section that tells you the menu for Shizou.

Thanks litwick btw do you know how I can tell how many mayor points I have gotten so far?

Talk to Shizue by sitting in the chair. She will tell you how many points you have.

Back