• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

new 2.0 villager personality subtypes

moo_nieu

curious ghost
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Toy Duck Plush
Toy Duck Plush
Pink Love Potion
Bloodshot Potion
Swamp Potion
Eerie Star Potion
Purple Bat Potion
Pink Star Fragment
Red Star Fragment
Green Star Fragment
does anybody have any ideas about the new 2.0 villager personality subtypes?

i recently invited sasha to my town, and i absolutely adore him. the only issue is he seems to be the same subtype (subtype a) as my other lazy, filbert. i was nervous about this happening since i didnt want to swap filbert out, but i cant have two villagers with the exact same vocal pitch and dialogue. it just sort of ruins the experience for me since the villagers feel less unique.

i havent seen anything posted online about the new 2.0 personality subtypes so does anyone have any ideas?

heres the link to a list of villager personality subtypes if anyone is interested. it also explains more about them

edit: wanted to clarify in the op that sasha is subtype b; also, he may have a slightly lower tone than filbert! (sorry for any confusion)

Last edited:
Sasha - Lazy, Fashion, Type B
Ione - Normal, Fashion, Type B
Tiansheng - Jock, Fitness, Type B
Shino - Peppy, Education, Type A
Marlo - Cranky, Education, Type B
Petri - Snooty, Education, Type A
Cephalobot - Smug, Play, Type B
Quinn - Sisterly - Education, Type A

Stolen from a @Rosch comment on another thread a while back

Just logged on to make this exact thread! Thank you all.

anybody know the subtypes of the “new” returning villagers like Frett and Azalea?

Nookipedia should have all the new villagers subtypes written down.
Sasha is apparently apart of the b subtype.
Sasha - Lazy, Fashion, Type B
Ione - Normal, Fashion, Type B
Tiansheng - Jock, Fitness, Type B
Shino - Peppy, Education, Type A
Marlo - Cranky, Education, Type B
Petri - Snooty, Education, Type A
Cephalobot - Smug, Play, Type B
Quinn - Sisterly - Education, Type A

Stolen from a @Rosch comment on another thread a while back
awesome i guess i just stink at searching the web! xD thanks a bunch. i guess they just have the same vocal pitch and i was thinking too much about them having the same dialogue due to anxiety. glad i wont need to replace filbert :3
Post automatically merged:

Just logged on to make this exact thread! Thank you all.

anybody know the subtypes of the “new” returning villagers like Frett and Azalea?
they are on nookpedia like @Corvusrene mentioned c:

frett and azalea are cranky b and snooty b!

Last edited:
ahhhh thank you for making this thread! i already have genji and filbert, but i was really wanting to find sasha. there's no way i'd let genji move and i was concerned about filbert. the vocal pitch part does kinda disappoint me but i suppose i'll just have to see.

edit : omgs . . . me just realizing that beau is a lazy type and genji is a jock LMAO TT^TT i thought i had a normal problem, then it was a cranky problem, now it may be a lazy problem . . .

ahhhh thank you for making this thread! i already have genji and filbert, but i was really wanting to find sasha. there's no way i'd let genji move and i was concerned about filbert. the vocal pitch part does kinda disappoint me but i suppose i'll just have to see.
i think they have the same vocal pitch, but i also thought they were both subtype a so maybe dont trust me on that lol xD going to go double check now

edit: filberts might be slightly higher pitched, but i really cant tell for sure

I’m really surprised Tiansheng doesn’t have the Play hobby—he really looks the part!

i think they have the same vocal pitch, but i also thought they were both subtype a so maybe dont trust me on that lol xD going to go double check now
Vocal pitch is based on villager size as well as personality

I cant remember what species fall into which but some are easy to work out

There is small, medium, and large villagers

Small villagers are higher pitched and large villagers are lower pitched

Don't know if subtype plays into it

Back