• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New 3DS XL Stylus is too small?

kiwi-strawberry

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1553-5529-7014
New Horizons Token
Christmas Gold Candy
Christmas Candy
Blue Candy
Purple Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
ど
う
森
As a Flipnote Studio 3D animator, I find that the official styluses are not nearly big enough for me. Even the original 3DS's stylus doesn't cut it! They feel very small in my hands and give me cramps whenever I try to draw. Does anybody have a larger stylus you use that you would recommend, or know of a good one? I found this stylus on Amazon, which is supposed to be the size of a standard ballpoint pen. I'm considering buying it, but does anyone have any other suggestions before I purchase it?

I found this too, I don't do animation or anything, my hands are just pretty big and the regular stylus' always felt uncomfortable to me. I got one that came with my HHD case and it's perfect, it's thicker than the regular ones, and bigger too, I don't get sore fingers from holding it, I searched to see if it could be bought individually and sadly it doesn't seem like it, if I lost it and had to buy another though, I'd probably go for one like the one you linked, I think it's a good choice! (or one like this as it looks similar to the one I use now)

(the blue one, largest of the three)
11155600-6864501630802532.jpg

The one for the 2DS XL is very small as well. It's like they took the previous stylus and cut them in half. I use a mechanical pencil as a stylus instead of the one it came with. Better precision and the comfy grip on the mechanical pencil makes longer play more enjoyable because my hands won't cramp up or start to hurt.

I just use a dead, old ballpoint pen, lol. It doesnt scratch up my screen because the ball is pretty big

I found this too, I don't do animation or anything, my hands are just pretty big and the regular stylus' always felt uncomfortable to me. I got one that came with my HHD case and it's perfect, it's thicker than the regular ones, and bigger too, I don't get sore fingers from holding it, I searched to see if it could be bought individually and sadly it doesn't seem like it, if I lost it and had to buy another though, I'd probably go for one like the one you linked, I think it's a good choice! (or one like this as it looks similar to the one I use now)

(the blue one, largest of the three)
11155600-6864501630802532.jpg
That looks super cute, where did you get the one you use?

That looks super cute, where did you get the one you use?

It's really good! I got the set from the official Nintendo UK Store, I'm not sure if it's available elsewhere though!

Last edited:
I used to keep the stylus my new XL came with in a mug on my desk, and use one that looks like the Master Sword. That one came with a delightful Zelda branded, pho leather, zippered pouch. It is about the size of a pen, probably cheaper than what you're looking at.

I never had an issue with the 3ds stylus but I recently got a 2ds xl and was kinda annoyed how small the stylus was! I guess I don't mind too much but it was a shock to see how little it was compared to the older ones hahaha.

the new 3ds xl is my very first 3ds so I got used to the tiny stylus just fine, don't have any problems with it since I don't know how the bigger stylus feels
though it gives me anxiety every time I pull it out, cause I don't want to lose it LOL

Last edited:
you could take out the ink thingy in an old pen and use it as a stylus. the 3ds touchscreen is touch-sensitive to most objects, so you don?t only need to use an official stylus

Last edited:
They're so small and the other 3DS pens are small too, that's why I only use my Hylain Shield stylus because its better to hold and its bigger.

Back