• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf is first 3DS game to hit 2 million sold in Japan

Jeremy

Not an actual piece of furniture.
Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Island
Númenor
Lily of the Valley
Golden Mushroom Lamp
Galaxy Cupcake
Rainbow Birthday Bouquet
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Big congratulations to Animal Crossing: New Leaf. You’re the first Nintendo 3DS game to pass 2 million copies sold in Japan according to Famitsu! It’s kind of ridiculous how fast New Leaf sold compared to other 3DS titles, just look at the animated graph above. (New Leaf is the big blue spike at the end!)

Read the full article at ACNewLeaf.com: http://acnewleaf.com/2012/12/27/ani...ndo-3ds-game-to-pass-2-million-sold-in-japan/

Last edited by a moderator:
In Japan, Animal Crossing is incredibly popular. But, New Leaf seems like it'll beat Wild World's worldwide sales in around a year or two.
North America and Europe are going to be a different story, though.

Yeah... First we need to get the game in both of those countries... You'd think with Europe being so close to Asia (on the map anyway) it would be there sooner... Then again what do I know?
I just hope the game at least gets a date announcement soon.

I wish that would be the case for the US. I want to be able to walk around and not have a 0.1% chance of getting StreetPass.

Came across this gif:

tumblr_mfn858r2xN1qzp9weo1_1280.gif

In case you don't get the shortened game names they are:

Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter 3G
New Super Mario Bros 2
Animal Crossing New Leaf

It's even more impressive seeing it in gif form.

edit: I saw this news in another article, so I saw this gif in the comments section in that article. I thought it was new. :p

I love the gif in the article. All the other games are slowly coming along and then ACNL comes in and just rockets up.

Dat gif.
I like how it was just like ":D hey guys, I got a late start in this race 'n all but I hope you don't mind if I pass you up"
NSMB2 seems to be sneaking its way up there too.

Really hoping that it does well in NA, too for reasons such as this: vvv

I wish that would be the case for the US. I want to be able to walk around and not have a 0.1% chance of getting StreetPass.

I'm pretty sure the only place I'll ever have a chance of getting a street pass would be at the mall, maybe on campus at school. Even then, a street pass is unlikely. A street pass with someone with New Leaf will probably be even more unlikely unless it does just as well here.

The best shot for me to get a StreetPass would be at school, and even then, very unlikely. I wish they'd not use StreetPass and instead use SpotPass. I don't see the point of StreetPass when the other, online alternative would be much more popular.

That's great news! :D I never thought it would sell more than Mario, but I guess I underestimated the popularity of Animal Crossing in Japan. Over 2 years of hype helps, too.

I'm hoping the game will sell well in my area, so I can get lots of StreetPass houses. I've only ever gotten one StreetPass hit when I took my 3DS out with me.

Back