• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf is NC-17!

That is hilarious. Feature Animal Crossing Hardcore! Attack your neighbors with you axe! Bury the raccoon demanding money from you. Wear a Jason mask and hunt down other players in their villages.

We must keep our children away from Animal Crossing! This is why our country is going down the toilet!

Under the ESRB, that description would make New Leaf 'M' for Mature. Still, got me to chuckle a little, there.

The game is still rated E for everyone. I'm sure the mature thing would take years. Due to all the series's are E.

Wow. xD How did that happen. I think someone who handles website stuff is either trolling or asleep at the wheel~

If this is rated that, I'd hate to see what Harvest Moon or Cooking Momma is like. *shutters* THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!! xD

That is hilarious. Feature Animal Crossing Hardcore! Attack your neighbors with you axe! Bury the raccoon demanding money from you. Wear a Jason mask and hunt down other players in their villages.

Well we do have hockey masks....

I KNEW Tortimer was an eviiiiil man!

But really lol, that news broadcast is absolutely hilarious. I wish I could have caught it live back in '09.

"Adults playing Animal Crossing for the wrong reasons". I suppose I should feel like a creeper?

On topic: I totally want to buy this M rated Animal Crossing! :3

Last edited:
Clearly the broadcasters had no idea what they were talking about. They've probably never played the game to know what the features really are. Some research...

They wouldn't even have needed to play it, but reading more than the synopsis on the back of the box and not taking some cop's word for it would've definitely brought them to different conclusions about the game. Still, it's done now, and the people responsible for the story will forever have their journalistic integrity compromised seeing as they showed on live TV that even the most fluff story doesn't have more than 15 minutes of research spent on it.

They wouldn't even have needed to play it, but reading more than the synopsis on the back of the box and not taking some cop's word for it would've definitely brought them to different conclusions about the game. Still, it's done now, and the people responsible for the story will forever have their journalistic integrity compromised seeing as they showed on live TV that even the most fluff story doesn't have more than 15 minutes of research spent on it.
Yeah. That's what I meant. Lack of research before airing the story...
Although if they had played the game, they'd learn more from that, too. Not only from the game itself, but also the system settings as the annotations of the video showed.
Whatever cop said that Animal Crossing (or any related game) is a bad influence or a bad game in general could be one of those types of people who don't believe in using gaming as a distraction to children. Thus making up bad things to say about the game so the parents will think it's bad. Some people will believe anything... At least until they've proven to themselves the things said aren't as bad as what someone else said.

Don't get animal , Jimmy. Get a wholesome teen rated game like grand theft auto. can't be too careful these days!

Don't get animal , Jimmy. Get a wholesome teen rated game like grand theft auto. can't be too careful these days!

Yeah, because Animal Crossing has Isabelle swearing like a sailor, Tom Nook dealing with illegal red turnips, Club LOL does the 14 dirty words you can't say in a Nintendo Game bit...

Back