• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf Multilanguage?

Regenbogenflitzer

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hellow my fellow EU players of Animal Crossing.
I was wondering..

Can you choose out of the 5 most used languages in the European version? (English, German, Italian, French, Spanish)
Or do you have to stick with the language your country uses?
Because I'd hate to play this game on German because the translation of the names are just ridiculous, I really want to play it on English.

If you view the game on Amazon.de you'll see this in the description:
"Bildschirmtexte: Englisch, Franz?sisch, Italienisch, Spanisch, Deutsch"
(Screen text: English, French, Italian, Spanish, German)

Also someone said the EU version is using about 6,300~ blocks because it's version is multilanguage.

What do you say?

I'm not sure but I think when you change the 3DS language to for example english the game will be also english. I don't think Nintendo manufactured for every country there own copy of the game... It makes way more sense to put all languages on one game card also in other PAL games is this possible as well...

By the way I will change the 3DS language also from german to english. The german names are really awful!

I don't think they make a separate game for every country as well, but if I remember right, I couldn't change the language with my Nintendo DS on Wild World.

3DS are region coded. I think there are NA and EU consoles. If you have a NA console, you only have the choice of English, French, Spanish and Portuguese. If you have an European one, you also have Dutch, Italian, German, Danish, Swedish, etc. If you want to play your game in English, you will need to set your console to that language before starting the game and everytime you want to play it.

I swear to god it changes with the language set on the 3DS, if not hopefully there is an option.

So another question: if I set my game to be in French, when visitors come to my town that have it set in English, will it show up as being in English to them?

So another question: if I set my game to be in French, when visitors come to my town that have it set in English, will it show up as being in English to them?

Yes. This has already been confirmed with the Japanese, Korean, and North American games. You'll always see the game in whatever language is set for your game, even if you visit someone from another region/language setting.

Yup, and villagers' names will always appear in your own language. For example, the alligator Sly (English name) is Chuck in French. And Chuck (English name) is another character that once was in the GCN version of Animal Crossing to which I don't know what his name was in French.

It really is in Dutch? Where did you find it?
Wow, lame :') They mostly don't change character names, but they do with place names.

If I understand the eShop correct, European players can choose between the English, German, Italian, French and Spanish language.

Last edited:
It really is in Dutch? Where did you find it?
Wow, lame :') They mostly don't change character names, but they do with place names.

I'm 100% certain it's not going to be translated to Dutch, during the Nintendo Direct all character names were English and on the Dutch Nintendo/AC site the screenshots show English footage, the German Nintendo/AC website shows German footage.

Yup, and eShop information page says also just the big five languages they always translate.

Back