• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Year? More gameplay!!

NewLeafTori

Vintage
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
8349-5653-5107
Mailbox
Hey everyone, I have been on a long hiatus to both this site and animal crossing, I tried to get back into the daily swing of acnl but everyday I would end up forgetting and playing at 11pm checking that any of my favorite villagers never leave.

I have vowed that this year I must play once a day and get back into addiction to the game. I cannot believe I have not made a post in like 4 months...Wow! Anyone else slipped out of the wheel of animal crossing recently?

Tori >.<

I haven't played properly since September! I reset my town for the 1/1 challenge to stir things up a bit.~

I haven't played like crazy since November. I'm doing the one year challenge, so that will definately make me start to play like crazy again!!

(It's hard because I got games for Christmas I want to play them too)

I haven't played properly since September! I reset my town for the 1/1 challenge to stir things up a bit.~

Nice, what is the 1/1 challenge?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't played like crazy since November. I'm doing the one year challenge, so that will definately make me start to play like crazy again!!

Oh my gosh same! I got the sims 4 and a couple of packs for it.

Nice, what is the 1/1 challenge?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh my gosh same! I got the sims 4 and a couple of packs for it.
The 1/1 challenge is when you start on January 1st, and play for a year and see how much your town has changed and stuff. You can't transfer anything etheir.

It's really fun and you should try it! I don't think it's too late. You can look for a thread somewhere around here called 1/1 or something! It's really active and pops up often so you should see it!

It's really fun and you should try it! I don't think it's too late. You can look for a thread somewhere around here called 1/1 or something! It's really active and pops up often so you should see it!

Oh okay!

- - - Post Merge - - -

The 1/1 challenge is when you start on January 1st, and play for a year and see how much your town has changed and stuff. You can't transfer anything etheir.

Oh okay, cool ^^

I tend to only play like an addict during the school holidays. I'm a school teacher so I don't have time most weekdays to play.

I took such a long break from my first town that it seemed impossible to get back into the game, it was like resetting was the only solution. Since then I've just been trying to get my dreamies before I actually start "playing" properly, but yeah, hiatuses can be frustrating. I know that feel.

Yeah, I had stopped playing for ages and I just got back into it. I'm working on my house right now, having fun buying lots of items and working on getting badges. I'm unemployed right now, so I've been playing a lot. Being unemployed sucks but animal crossing is nice.

Hi I just restarted my game and I am doing the one year challenge

Last edited:
I got super crazy busy because of university this past quarter and I ended up not picking up ACNL for about 4 months. It was sad to see one of my dremies had moved out but over the course of my winter break I replaced her with another villager I had been wanting (Goodbye Eloise, hello Diana!) I also was able to finalize some of my paths and ideas for new PWPS!

I'm afraid that once I go back to school on the 11th I'm going to struggle to find time to play again but I dont want to abandon my village for long bouts of time. Its so hard to balance all of your real life responsibilities but also feeling hugely responsible for your own little virtual town. I love the game though and it definitely gives me a huge breath of fresh air to play. I'm going to try to pick up the game every day, even if its only for 15-30 minutes at a time. I want to make sure my town stays how it is <3

I took such a long break from my first town that it seemed impossible to get back into the game, it was like resetting was the only solution. Since then I've just been trying to get my dreamies before I actually start "playing" properly, but yeah, hiatuses can be frustrating. I know that feel.

I am trying to get my dreamies back to. However, I am not time travelling for it, it's taking ages now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, I had stopped playing for ages and I just got back into it. I'm working on my house right now, having fun buying lots of items and working on getting badges. I'm unemployed right now, so I've been playing a lot. Being unemployed sucks but animal crossing is nice.

Yup, Animal Crossing gets me through the school days. I am graduating in may!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I got super crazy busy because of university this past quarter and I ended up not picking up ACNL for about 4 months. It was sad to see one of my dremies had moved out but over the course of my winter break I replaced her with another villager I had been wanting (Goodbye Eloise, hello Diana!) I also was able to finalize some of my paths and ideas for new PWPS!

I'm afraid that once I go back to school on the 11th I'm going to struggle to find time to play again but I dont want to abandon my village for long bouts of time. Its so hard to balance all of your real life responsibilities but also feeling hugely responsible for your own little virtual town. I love the game though and it definitely gives me a huge breath of fresh air to play. I'm going to try to pick up the game every day, even if its only for 15-30 minutes at a time. I want to make sure my town stays how it is <3

Same! I have exams in 3 months, the ones that really matter! I play around the same time as you and every time I forget to play I feel real guilty! I go back on the 5th.

Last edited:

i got Tomo life a few days after Christmas.... so its hard for me to play ACNL but i check everyday.... especially rn bc im sad.....sadder than a sick mii in Tomo ;-; (damn school tomorrow)

Last edited:
I stopped coming to this forum for about 4 months also, and I was only checking my game for 2 mins everyday to make sure no-one moved out. I wanted to redesign some areas and rooms in my mayor's house but it seemed like a big task and I never had the time.

Being on holiday now has allowed me to work on the areas that needed it, trade on the forum to find the items I needed to re-do the rooms in my mayor house and it's rekindled my interest so that I will play the game a bit more than I used to. I still have a few goals to complete.

i got Tomo life a few days after Christmas.... so its hard for me to play ACNL but i check everyday.... especially rn bc im sad.....sadder than a sick mii in Tomo ;-; (damn school tomorrow)

Oh :( for me it's Tuesday. I have been sucked into the sims 4 like mad the past couple days.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I stopped coming to this forum for about 4 months also, and I was only checking my game for 2 mins everyday to make sure no-one moved out. I wanted to redesign some areas and rooms in my mayor's house but it seemed like a big task and I never had the time.

Being on holiday now has allowed me to work on the areas that needed it, trade on the forum to find the items I needed to re-do the rooms in my mayor house and it's rekindled my interest so that I will play the game a bit more than I used to. I still have a few goals to complete.

Same, I haven't redecorated since febuary last year :0

Not sure about you, but I made yearly goals from the start that motivated me to stick with it daily. Year one (June, 2013 to June, 2014) was all gold badges. Took 4 copies and a crazy amount of time, but I did it.

Year 2 was just as difficult, grow every type of hybrid on my own! Then, arrange them into patterns throughout the town, putting all colors together and all types together. That was unfortunately not made technically, as I ran out of time, so I had to start using some secondary towns to grow those buggers! By the way, there ARE hybrid red pansies and roses that yield the purple pansy and blue rose, I followed it using an insane growing method in the Japanese guide, but it worked, I got every flower type legitimately on my own.

The third that I'm in now involves my other copies, but I'm trying to incorporate more people, and that's reach a certain number of dreamers and visitors. I can visit myself everyday with the other towns, and by breaking it up, it kind of forces me to play everyday to make that goal- I'm ahead of pace for the visitors, but not the dreamers, so I may need to dream my own town, but I don't like doing that.

What I thought about for year 4 is having a 100% catalog, which I know involves trading with someone who uses cheating devices, because that one shirt hasn't been released, and likely never will be. After year 4 though, I honestly don't know how much more I can aim for, everything will be done, on top of the ultimate goal- keep all 10 villagers that I've had since October, 2013. So far, that's been easy, don't stop until all outside villagers run up and talk to me, just to make sure none says "yo, I'm moving, so bye"- "uh, no, you've been here 50 years, you're not going anywhere buddy!" LOL

That's about all I plan to do, play it daily for 4 straight years, but Wild World got daily play for 5 years, so maybe I'll think of a good year 5 goal at some point this coming year. Anyway, that's how I never stopped these years, hopefully you can find something that keeps you in it too.

Not sure about you, but I made yearly goals from the start that motivated me to stick with it daily. Year one (June, 2013 to June, 2014) was all gold badges. Took 4 copies and a crazy amount of time, but I did it.

Year 2 was just as difficult, grow every type of hybrid on my own! Then, arrange them into patterns throughout the town, putting all colors together and all types together. That was unfortunately not made technically, as I ran out of time, so I had to start using some secondary towns to grow those buggers! By the way, there ARE hybrid red pansies and roses that yield the purple pansy and blue rose, I followed it using an insane growing method in the Japanese guide, but it worked, I got every flower type legitimately on my own.

The third that I'm in now involves my other copies, but I'm trying to incorporate more people, and that's reach a certain number of dreamers and visitors. I can visit myself everyday with the other towns, and by breaking it up, it kind of forces me to play everyday to make that goal- I'm ahead of pace for the visitors, but not the dreamers, so I may need to dream my own town, but I don't like doing that.

What I thought about for year 4 is having a 100% catalog, which I know involves trading with someone who uses cheating devices, because that one shirt hasn't been released, and likely never will be. After year 4 though, I honestly don't know how much more I can aim for, everything will be done, on top of the ultimate goal- keep all 10 villagers that I've had since October, 2013. So far, that's been easy, don't stop until all outside villagers run up and talk to me, just to make sure none says "yo, I'm moving, so bye"- "uh, no, you've been here 50 years, you're not going anywhere buddy!" LOL

That's about all I plan to do, play it daily for 4 straight years, but Wild World got daily play for 5 years, so maybe I'll think of a good year 5 goal at some point this coming year. Anyway, that's how I never stopped these years, hopefully you can find something that keeps you in it too.

I picture my town to be as I have drawn it multiple times but I haven't really made much progress. Hopefully this year I can get my town like I want it to be by doing 3 things towards it everyday and installing a pwp that I want everyday.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, hope you get back into it! I've been playing like crazy since september xD

I hope so too! It's so sad to see a town with much potential be crushed because of a lazy mayor lol xD

Back