• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

'Nintendo: Animal Crossing Increased 3DS Sales in US by 4x'

Bubble Pop

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Nintendo has spoken with investors about the launch of Animal Crossing: New Leaf in the US. The game has been a huge success by setting a digital sales record in the eShop and increased 3DS sales by 4 times when compared to the previous week.

"Nintendo saying Animal Crossing boosted US 3DS sales by 4x versus prior week and set digital sales record in eShop," Tweeted David Gibson.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf launched on June 9 in the US. The 3DS has been averaging 40,000 units sold a week in the US, according to VGChartz. That would put sales over 160,000 units for the week.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251032/nintendo-animal-crossing-increased-3ds-sales-in-us-by-4x/

Wow, this is amazing news!

Wow, that's awesome. Just goes to show that a single great title can sell a system for some people. It did for me!

That's great news! I expected a spike, but not this much. I can't wait to see how many copies digital and physical were sold in the first week.

Awesome! So very happy for Nintendo here. ♪

Hopefully this will show Nintendo that us Americans love Animal Crossing as much as Japan. :p

Back