• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

no balloons spawning ?

srixel_

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
8249-0989-9763
ive ran back and forth between the sides of my island and even climbed higher to look for balloons, and i havent seen a single one all day

Have you tried staying in one spot?
Usually before 6pm I think, the balloons will spawn from the left side beach (if you're facing north). After 6pm, they spawn from the right side.

Try standing on the beach where they are spawning from and see if you see them.

Usually before 6pm I think, the balloons will spawn from the left side beach (if you're facing north). After 6pm, they spawn from the right side.

okayyy
ill let you know if it works

Reactions: meo
During the mushroom event I had a day when balloons just stopped spawning for therest of the day on my main profile. It was fine again the next day, idk what happened there

In our case, the balloons spawn from the right side beach during the day, and left side during evening for both islands. Check the two side beaches between xx:x4 and xx:x5, then every 5 mins until you see a balloon spawn, then you will know which side beach to check for daytime and night.

I think staying in the ocean sometimes helps to spot the balloon because it always come from the ocean.

I've heard that if you look at the smoke coming from chimneys and see which way the smoke drifts, that will tell you which way the wind is blowing, which will indicate the direction the balloons will be coming from. So, if the smoke is going to the left, the balloons will be spawning on the right beach. This is especially helpful when you're not sure if it's swapped sides yet.

In our case, the balloons spawn from the right side beach during the day, and left side during evening for both islands. Check the two side beaches between xx:x4 and xx:x5, then every 5 mins until you see a balloon spawn, then you will know which side beach to check for daytime and night.

I think staying in the ocean sometimes helps to spot the balloon because it always come from the ocean.

This! Balloons start to drift in at :04 and :09, but may not appear (unless you're swimming along the side barriers) until :05 and :X0. They spawn on one side of the island until evening, then swap sides until... well, until I wake up, I'm not sure the exact time 😅

If you're really struggling, try entering and exiting a building- it resets them, and I do it sometimes if I think they may've stopped spawning due to a glitch. But I have heard of glitches where they totally stop spawning, especially after getting the golden slingshot... but I think most, if not all, of those have been fixed.
Post automatically merged:

I've heard that if you look at the smoke coming from chimneys and see which way the smoke drifts, that will tell you which way the wind is blowing, which will indicate the direction the balloons will be coming from. So, if the smoke is going to the left, the balloons will be spawning on the right beach. This is especially helpful when you're not sure if it's swapped sides yet.
Yah, it depends on which way the wind is blowing, so I'm pretty sure that would work!

I think sometimes if you just keep checking the beaches, balloons are less likely to show up. I think you have to be doing something productive in the game for the balloons to appear often. Don't quote me on this, though. I've just noticed some patterns whenever I'd be waiting at the correct side of the beach and never see a balloon show up. However, when I started crafting or putting furniture down or whatever, I noticed the balloons would appear. This is just all anecdotal, though.

I've encountered the same "problem" while hunting on the beach for all the winter DIY's. I'm aware of the every-five-minute spawn time, but it seems like the game misses a balloon every now and then. The upper-right part of my island is pretty cluttered with houses, bamboo trees and decoration (even on the beach) and I have the feeling this also influences the balloons spawning.

In my experience I never got balloons just waiting at the beach, I had to enter and exit a building if I was farming them. Whenever I didn't do that I didn't get a balloon. Maybe it was just bad luck though.

I never even noticed that! I’m definitely going to use that tip from now on because I hate waiting around for balloons hoping I’d catch them in the middle of terraforming to find out which side they are coming from so I’m not just standing at the beach for ages

Today I finally completed 3 sets of festive DIYs for three accounts. What I did is lining up jail bars along the right side beach (which is the daytime spawning side) to make sure that the balloons will not pass through and drift along the jail bars to the bottom right corner of the island where my character stayed, then I just put on headphones while doing other stuff, only to check when I heard the sound of balloons. It took me 5 and half days to get three complete sets. I broke one golden sling shot and 6 regular sling shots during this process. It is a time consuming process but it is possible. Good luck!

Yep balloon farming is a major pain. My come from the right side during the day and left side at night too. They spawn at :04 and :09 mins but I don't usually see them until the next minute, :05 and :10. I start running up and down the beach at the 4 and 9 mark looking for the balloon(i don't have much luck hearing them). I'm doing it right now, I need 2 more diys from balloons. I have bought a few on this site and 1 kind soul gave me some for free. I wish you luck!

Pro tip (mentioned above): check the chimney smoke coming from villager homes. The direction the smoke travels is the same direction the balloons travel.

it's also worth noting that balloons don't spawn if you have your gates open. not that that most likely was the issue, but it's good to know

Wow, that’s super cool! I personally had really bad luck with the RNG and could never find presents anywhere on my island. I’ll try to get those DIYS some time. :D

I'm also experiencing this issue. :/ I usually get a decent amount of balloons but I have hardly seen any this month. I think I'll do one of the many "tricks" to farm balloons, as it should work to finally get at least one, so I suggest you try it, too. Good luck ballon hunting! :)

I've had rotten luck with balloons today as well, when I was building my snowmen, kept seeing a few, and now of course I'm specifically looking out for them, there's hardly any to be seen. Been sat doing it for a couple of hours now, and only seen about 4/5 :L

Back