• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

No paid DLC for Animal Crossing

Good to know, I actually never considered that there might be. Wow, now that I think about it, that would ruin the game! So many small details to form such an amazing game.

Happy about this.

Would not have bought them anyway.

I doubted they would give the game paid DLC. someone could just buy them and give them to other people, it's not like the can't make them non-tradable.

I doubted they would give the game paid DLC. someone could just buy them and give them to other people, it's not like the can't make them non-tradable.

So, Xbox DLC cost money, but can be traded just as easily.

Sorry, When I read that I didn't understand that when you said trade/give, you meant trading the item in game and not the actual DLC files.

Last edited:
I'm really happy about this but in all honesty I would have paid like $1 for 10 extra house designs or something.

Support!

This makes me very happy to hear. I wasn't looking forward to missing out on DLC because I refused to pay any extra money on something that we should be getting for free.

I wouldn't mind paid DLC, at least that way we would get a regular supply. As it stands they may never add anything into the game at all, which would be a shame.

Happy to be proved wrong mind you :)

I never really cared for DLC [in Animal Crossing] in the first place. So continuously free DLC or paid DLC makes no difference to me.

Good!!! It would concern me if they went that route... I'm glad we won't have to pay real money for DLC!! :'D

I don't normally buy DLC in the first place if it's not a big expansion on the game. So I'm happy to hear any DLC for New Leaf will not cost anyone any money.

I just hope I have an internet connection on my 3DS to even get the DLC when the games out! D:

What if there's no DLC at all? That article sure made it sound like there wasn't gonna be any. *shudders*

im sure there will be dlc
that was the only one that made it sound like there wont be any
the other ones sounded like there would be just not ones we need to pay for

The only PDLC I'd buy for AC if it was bundle pack with MULTIPLE new furniture set plus new bugs and fish maybe even a new NPC/Shop.

I urge everybody to be cautious about this.

Right after Nintendo confirmed that they wouldn't do paid DLC for any games on the 3DS around a year ago, they turned around and confirmed paid DLC for Fire Emblem.

I want to be excited about this, but I don't trust them.

Back