• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Novelty Villages

SodaDog

~the millennium is now~
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
2898-6073-7400
Cake
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
20 Envelopes
ど
う
森
5 Envelopes
Cake
Mailbox
What is a Novelty Village?
A Novelty Village is a Village that is meant for visiting only for Dream towns to look like an adventure of some sort. One of the examples is アイカ (Aika) Village which follows the story of a possessed doll that tries to ruin the little girl's life.
What Makes a Good Novelty Village?
Decorate the houses in an orderly fashion, make sure you add twist and turns to your town decoration from a labyrinth made of bushes into a wasteland! There is almost no limit to creating your town in an orderly Fashion!
Where can i find Novelty Villages?
You can find them on The Official Dream Addresses Thread or YumemiMori (ゆめみ森)which is in japanese, but you can find great villages in that website.

You can discuss about novelty villages here, but keep it cunning and creative!
I'm planning on making a Romeo and Juliet Town which follows the storyline of Romeo and Juliet and takes place at night. You can visit the Capulet and Montauge Mansion along with the Church with a small graveyard at the back room.
What do you think?

That'd be cool to create. I mean I could just make a Novelty Village, save it to the Dream Suite, then make it the way I want it to be forever and just not save it again. :)

I probably won't do this myself. I don't have the kind of time to spend on this sort of thing, sadly. Plus I already have my own vision for the village I'm going to have. It isn't going to be following a set theme or anything like that.

I find this really exciting though! I look forward to seeing the stuff everyone comes up with!

That'd be cool to create. I mean I could just make a Novelty Village, save it to the Dream Suite, then make it the way I want it to be forever and just not save it again. :)

I heard you have to reupload your town every now and again otherwise it gets deleted.

I was actually considering doing Townsville if I ever get to make a spare town with another 3Ds, and it would follow the story of the Powerpuff girls. I don't know if you're able to decide where the avatars walk around, but I would want the male one (who would be HIM) to hide in a separate strip of beach, and you would be tasked with finding him, as all the girl's greetings would talk about looking for HIM.

It's a simple novelty town, but I think it would be cute. It would also be good for the people who don't have time to do something as complex as Aika.

I would like to do something like that, but I just like playing for me, not for the entertainment of others.

I doubt I'll ever bother to make one of my own (unless I buy a second NL cartridge), but I'd definitely like to visit some. :)

I have plans for my own fairy-tale themed novelty town. I'm going to be hard pressed to make on as high caliber as AIKA village though.

Novelty villages can be pretty interesting, but I'd rather just play, if anything I'd go for a themed town... e.g. Modern, Fantasy, Japanese, etc.

I feel like I'll be depressed after visiting a bunch of novelty towns because my town will seem so much less awesome in comparison xD But on the other hand, I'd feel so restricted making such a specific theme for my own town! So as a compromise I was thinking to have little corners or squares of my town have themes, like egyptian, hawaiian, etc, but there wouldn't really be a storyline, so I guess that's not exactly "novelty." Oh well!

I really want to have a novelty village myself, but sadly, I just don't have good ideas. :( I really can't think of something as interesting as Aika Village!

I love the Romeo and Juliet theme idea! :)

I definitely won't be doing a novelty town but am super stoked to see other peoples :D

I'll have tons of fun visiting them in the Dream World, but I won't be making one myself. I really admire people who manage to come up with and work out these awesome themes; I don't think I could dedicate myself to it.

I'm making a garden-themed novelty village in my NA town. I'll start on it once I have 10 villagers that I really like.

Does anyone have any videos of themed towns besides Aika or LinandKo's new episode?

Back