• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Official HP7 Topic

YogurtBandit said:
Propaganda Man said:
ZERO_13 said:
<small><small><small><small><small><small><small>Hedwig dies on pg. 56
Mad-Eye dies on pg. 78
Scrimgeour dies on pg. 159
Wormtail dies on pg. 471
Dobby dies on pg. 476
Snape dies on pg. 658
Fred Weasley dies on pg. 637
Harry gets ##%!ed up by Voldemort on pg. 704
but comes back to life on pg. 724
Tonks, Lupin, and Colin Creevy have their deaths confirmed on pg. 743
19 years after the events in the book:
Ron has married Hermione, their two children are named Rose and Hugo
Harry has married Ginny, their three children are named Lily, James, and Albus Severus.
Draco Malfoy has a son named Scorpius
The epilogue shows all of the children boarding the train for Hogwarts together.
The final lines of the book are: "The scar had not pained Harry for 18 years. All was well."
</small></small></small></small></small></small></small>

These are all the important things that happen in the book, just for the lazy people like me who dislike reading a lot.
Wow that ending sucks >.>
I know.. <small><small><small><small><small><small> Happy endings stink.</small></small></small></small></small></small>
<small><small><small><small><small>Not that, I read the long summary on Wikipedia and it really doesn't satisfy me. I miss the magic that the first one brought. I really didn't see a grown up Harry, but a different one. It seems that some of the skills the characters had in the first book were just brought up for that book. I haven't seen Ron play chess since the first book. </small></small></small></small></small>

Super_Naruto said:
Bulerias said:
Page 270... I'm doing my best to avoid most of the spoilers.
Darth's on 179. He went to bed at 3 (so did I) and he like just woke up =P.
Same time I went to sleep... But I got the book at around 1AM since my mom was running a bit late.

So HAHA, I'm a faster reader than Darth. D:

I'm on page 321 right now, by the way.

Bulerias said:
Super_Naruto said:
Bulerias said:
Page 270... I'm doing my best to avoid most of the spoilers.
Darth's on 179. He went to bed at 3 (so did I) and he like just woke up =P.
Same time I went to sleep... But I got the book at around 1AM since my mom was running a bit late.

So HAHA, I'm a faster reader than Darth. D:

I'm on page 321 right now, by the way.
Bobinator is on 500 right now

;)

Thats with people calling him asking if hes done. Most of the time its me

:p

Wow ,you guys are slow.

I finished the book today at 4pm EST, sharp.

I'm not gonna give out any spoilers, beucase I hated that people threw them at me.

BTW: I goot it around 1pm last night, spent until 3 am reading it then went to bed, then spent alot of the day reading the book itself, as I am on the boat.

I am literally in tears right now... I can't believe this about Dumbledore...

SPOILERS:

I had always imagined him as the embodiment of pure good and wisdom... I cannot believe he was so evil! He was my favorite character, but he was just as foolish as Voldemort... I know it doesn't sound manly coming from me, but I can't fight back the tears.

I'm on page 500-something right now... So many deaths, though they didn't really touch me as much as some facts about the past headmaster of Hogwarts.

Bulerias said:
I am literally in tears right now... I can't believe this about Dumbledore...

SPOILERS:

I had always imagined him as the embodiment of pure good and wisdom... I cannot believe he was so evil! He was my favorite character, but he was just as foolish as Voldemort... I know it doesn't sound manly coming from me, but I can't fight back the tears.

I'm on page 500-something right now... So many deaths, though they didn't really touch me as much as some facts about the past headmaster of Hogwarts.
heheheh.

Crying? D;

wow.

SPOILAH:
Don't worry, evverything sorts out in the end.

And guys...

OH MY GOD?!

HAPPY ENDING? The ending to the Harry Potter saga is ANYTHING but "happily-ever-after". Don't you understand how much suffering he had to go through? He'll never be happy, not even with a fantastic wife, children that he loves and that love him, and tons of close friends. He'll be miserable!

Bulerias said:
And guys...

OH MY GOD?!

HAPPY ENDING? The ending to the Harry Potter saga is ANYTHING but "happily-ever-after". Don't you understand how much suffering he had to go through? He'll never be happy, not even with a fantastic wife, children that he loves and that love him, and tons of close friends. He'll be miserable!
SPOILAHS:

Yes, everything does sort out and it is happy ever after. Sorry.

Fanghorn said:
Bulerias said:
And guys...

OH MY GOD?!

SPOILAHS:

No it is NOT! I read the epilogue!

SPOILERS:

Yeah, he marries Ginny, has kids... SO? He went through so much suffering that the wound will remain forever opened, and though "the scar had not pained him for 19 years", he will STILL live with these vivid memories for the rest of his life. How can you say that "everything sorts out"?

Bulerias said:
And guys...

OH MY GOD?!

I doubt it. He is going to have a happy life : D

Fanghorn said:
Bulerias said:
Fanghorn said:
Bulerias said:
And guys...

OH MY GOD?!

SPOILAHS:

SPOILERS:

Yeah, he marries Ginny, has kids... SO? He went through so much suffering that the wound will remain forever opened, and though "the scar had not pained him for 19 years", he will STILL live with these vivid memories for the rest of his life. How can you say that "everything sorts out"?
Hm. True.

He still may feel the pain, but the over coming of love and frienship blah blah blah will help him overcome it.

Still, I guess he still has that teen wizard angst.
You gotta look at it this way, though. The scar on his forehead isn't just a physical gash. It's symbolism... He'll live with these scars for the rest of his life, and the wounds will never close, you know? The overflowing love from his friends will never truly heal these wounds. You are born alone, and you die alone. That's the rule of life and it applies even to fiction like Harry Potter...

Propaganda Man said:
Bulerias said:
And guys...

OH MY GOD?!

No way. He's suffered so much that it's impossible to be truly happy. He'll always have that weight sagging him down...

Bulerias said:
Fanghorn said:
Bulerias said:
Fanghorn said:
Bulerias said:
And guys...

OH MY GOD?!

SPOILAHS:

SPOILERS:

Hm. True.

He still may feel the pain, but the over coming of love and frienship blah blah blah will help him overcome it.

Still, I guess he still has that teen wizard angst.
You gotta look at it this way, though. The scar on his forehead isn't just a physical gash. It's symbolism... He'll live with these scars for the rest of his life, and the wounds will never close, you know? The overflowing love from his friends will never truly heal these wounds. You are born alone, and you die alone. That's the rule of life and it applies even to fiction like Harry Potter...
I've seen worse scars. At least he can't see it either :rolleyes: And you underestimate the scar

Bulerias said:
Propaganda Man said:
Bulerias said:
And guys...

OH MY GOD?!

No way. He's suffered so much that it's impossible to be truly happy. He'll always have that weight sagging him down...
Nuh uh, Harry gets what he wants. Its not like he lost anyone he knew a lot about.

:unsure:

Hm yeah.

Oh and another thing I wanna bring up, JK has been reading her history books.
Possible spoilers below.
The situation of the Death eaters following he-Who-Must-Not-Be-namedplays out just like the rising of nazi germany following hitler. First, everythings hush hush, until they have enough power to take over the government, and then controlling the government. Then, the rounding up and exterimation of mudbloods is treated JUST how nazi germany treated the jews.

If you can't see the relation your ignorant.

Propaganda Man said:
Bulerias said:
Propaganda Man said:
Bulerias said:
And guys...

OH MY GOD?!

Nuh uh, Harry gets what he wants. Its not like he lost anyone he knew a lot about.

You're kidding, right?

He lost his father and mother.
He lost his godfather.
He lost Dumbledore.

Aaaand... He lost tons of people in Deathly Hallows that I don't want to mention to avoid spoilers. Really, how is that not a huge loss that stays with you for THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?

Of course, you can compare it to real-life deaths of loved ones, but this is different. He ventured with these people, they risked their lives for him... And they all died for him. How is that knowledge going to make him happy?

Fanghorn said:
Hm yeah.

Oh and another thing i wanna bring up, JK has been reading her history books.

The situation of the Death eaters following he-Who-Must-Not-Be-namedplays out just like the rising of nazi germany following hitler. First, everythings hush hush, until they have enough power to take over the government, and then controlling the government. Then, the rounding up and exterimation of mudbloods is treated JUST how nazi germany treated the jews.

If you can't see the relation your ignorant.
I was also thinking about that, but I am under the impression that J.K. Rowling meant to have a more... supernatural edge to her books. Really, now. Death Eaters and dementors are NOT entirely fictional, did you know that? Nor is the fact that when you die, your soul remains, like Hermione wisely pointed out in an earlier chapter in the 7th book...

Rowling really meant to have a lot of supernatural meaning in these books.

Bulerias said:
Propaganda Man said:
Bulerias said:
Propaganda Man said:
Bulerias said:
And guys...

OH MY GOD?!

You're kidding, right?

He lost his father and mother.
He lost his godfather.
He lost Dumbledore.

Aaaand... He lost tons of people in Deathly Hallows that I don't want to mention to avoid spoilers. Really, how is that not a huge loss that stays with you for THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?

Of course, you can compare it to real-life deaths of loved ones, but this is different. He ventured with these people, they risked their lives for him... And they all died for him. How is that knowledge going to make him happy?
The people you listed were people he didn't know a lot about.

Back