• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ok I'm new to New Leaf..

Vex L'Cour

Weebalicious Furry.
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
New Horizons Token
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Cake
So I bought New Leaf on the 27th and I've seen a lot already which is really confusing and I'm not really understanding, so:

1. How do you get 'Perfect' fruit? I have seen some in other people's town but have no idea how this works.
2. What's the best way to gather Ores? I know digging around and bashing the odd rock is one way but is there a more 'effiecient' method (Pref. without TTing)
3. My Town has MANY closed off areas, when I've visted other people's towns it's all full and buslting, how does one go about upgrading the town?
4. I'm going to assume I need to get the Dev. permissions to add buildings and what not all around. I am currently at 47% and my Secretary says I need to talk to people, given it's closed for today what other things will raise this? Someone came over and planted at least 30 flowers around (which are all watered), I've caught a FEW trash items, cleaned up and planted 50+ trees.
5. What's the best place to go for QR code patterns? I've read that QR code scanning exists (and how to unlock) and I had a little search with the sites not looking great or helpful.
6. Do pathways (the patterns people put down to resemble such) actually help in anyway?
7. Grass Deteriation, I know it was a thing in City Folk but never understood the dynamics behind it, explain!

8. Thank you muchly

So I bought New Leaf on the 27th and I've seen a lot already which is really confusing and I'm not really understanding, so:

1. How do you get 'Perfect' fruit? I have seen some in other people's town but have no idea how this works.
2. What's the best way to gather Ores? I know digging around and bashing the odd rock is one way but is there a more 'effiecient' method (Pref. without TTing)
3. My Town has MANY closed off areas, when I've visted other people's towns it's all full and buslting, how does one go about upgrading the town?
4. I'm going to assume I need to get the Dev. permissions to add buildings and what not all around. I am currently at 47% and my Secretary says I need to talk to people, given it's closed for today what other things will raise this? Someone came over and planted at least 30 flowers around (which are all watered), I've caught a FEW trash items, cleaned up and planted 50+ trees.
5. What's the best place to go for QR code patterns? I've read that QR code scanning exists (and how to unlock) and I had a little search with the sites not looking great or helpful.
6. Do pathways (the patterns people put down to resemble such) actually help in anyway?
7. Grass Deteriation, I know it was a thing in City Folk but never understood the dynamics behind it, explain!

8. Thank you muchly
I'll answer the best I can ^_^
1.There should be one on one of your trees (or was one and you already planted it) it should look different from the rest of your fruit. If you lost it you can always get more from the members on here, but only perfect fruit of your native fruit will grow in your town. Ex. if you have apples you cannot grow perfect peaches
2.Not that I know of I'm afraid. Again though, you can always trade for them here
3.With time <3. No really. There's guides out there but the stores will upgrade with a certain amount of money spent and a certain number of days passed, you can get PWP's to unlock new buildings, ect.
4.Planting flowers, talking to villagers, changing town tune & flag and updating your billboard.
it's still going to take a couple days sadly.
5.tumblr.
6.They stop grass from deteriorating (I think?) and they look nice ^_^
7.I don't know that much but I know it's caused by running

Hello! Let me answer some of your questions =)

1. The perfect fruits appear randomly in your town. At the beginning, you have one fruit on a tree. Bury it and a new tree with perfect fruits comes. I also think, using a golden shovel and fertilzer helps as well making the perfect fruits grow.

2. once a day a rock appears in your town, which usually isnt there. hit it and youll get one. also, the money stone has a chance of dropping ore, when hitting it with the silver shovel

3. take a look here: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Street

4. Talk to villagers, help them with their problems, bring stuff to the museum, change town tune and flag, post something on the bulletin

5. http://acnlpaths.tumblr.com/ http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/ http://bibidesign.blog.fc2.com/
i like these a lot

6. nothing grows on the paths and they kinda help you if you wanna make a dirt path (no grass) but otherwise... no idea how they would help XD

7. when you run over it at least once a day for a couple of days the grass with start to decrease. also, when a villager moves away and i think removing pwps also

First off, welcome to the forums!! The most important thing about Animal Crossing is just to have fun. You mentioned City Folk so I assume you played it. It's all generally the same but with some notable additions :)

When you first started up your town you should have had 1 tree that had 1 perfect fruit. If you take that fruit and plant it somewhere safe it'll grow your perfect fruit tree, just like a normal tree. It's worth knowing that you can only grow your native fruit as a "perfect" one. So if your town fruit is apples you won't be able to plant a perfect cherry.

Nope. Without TTing you will always get 1 ore rock per day and once you have a silver shovel you have a higher percentage chance of getting your money rock to be an ore rock instead. Some people create several characters for this. For every character who lives in your town there will be a money/ore rock but there will only be 1 smash able rock in your village per day.

Some guys put up a link for you to check but basically it'll upgrade itself slowly. If you've played the game before, keep doing what you did in those game. Eventually you'll unlock things :)

You can also donate to the museum once a day to help up your score. Writing letters helps I believe. Write a note on your Bulletin Board, sell things in Re-Tail. Change your town flag and town tune.

If you go onto tumblr and search for "animal crossing qr" it'll come up with loads of options. To unlock the QR machine you must
speak to Sable for a certain length of time. I believe it's 10 days, once a day

Nope! They do not stop grass deterioration (though I think I read it might slow it down). It is purely decorative.

Basically if you have a particular path on the way to the beach, or to Re-Tail, or to your town gate, then you will eventually wear down a path. It's the game's way of saying "you walk this way!" but customising it to however you wander through your town. When a villager leaves, the space where their house will be will also be bare, but then grass will eventually grow back onto it, it's a way of having the memories fade in that way.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask!

Back