• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Old School AC Week: GameCube Item Code Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Not an actual piece of furniture.
Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Island
Númenor
Lily of the Valley
Golden Mushroom Lamp
Galaxy Cupcake
Rainbow Birthday Bouquet
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Old School Animal Crossing Week:
GameCube Item Code Giveaway

August 21, 2019 - September 4, 2019

oldSchoolACWeekCodeGiveaway.png

Before Animal Crossing had online play in Wild World for the DS, players of the GameCube game used codes to trade items with each other. This was a fancy system Nintendo created where you would give an item to Tom Nook and tell him the name and town of the person you want to give it to. He would then give you a code, which you could share for the person to retrieve.

One day, someone on the internet named moogleguy figured out Nintendo's algorithm and created a code generator, which was a program used to make any code without having to bring an item to Tom Nook. You could even use it to make "universal codes," which could be used by anyone in any town. However, they did not have a 100% chance of working. Soon, forums like NSider, the official Nintendo forum, and TBT were full of people providing code services for any and all items.

This event is a tribute to that time, around 2003 - 2004. There are no prizes for participating and there may not even be anyone who is looking for items after all these years. But if you're playing your old GameCube game in celebration of Old School Animal Crossing Week, post here with an item you want, your name in the game, and your town name.

I might actually do this, although I don't currently have my Gamecube/Wii and the older AC game with me at my dorm. I'll see if I can get my dad to bring it to me!

I'm guessing that this will only apply to items that can be obtained within the game by normal means. I wonder if the DUMMY item can be sent through a code? Probably not, but I would still love to have one.

This makes me wish I had an active file haha. Maybe one day if there's another one of these weeks!
This is definitely very cool and helpful.

can I request this to stay for future old school weeks?

can't exactly use now, due to basically busted tv and all, but I know there's some stuff I'd like to have otherwise

plus I suppose it doesn't really take too much work to keep it, even if nobody uses

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back