• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Only close villagers wanting to move.

AoJones

Ao of Sorami
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
In my experience so far it really seems like only villagers I'm close to want to move. Out of 9, 3 (whom I talk to a lot) said they wanted to move saying things like I want to spread out, Sorami was good. While 2 who I dislike, ignore, and annoy never even offer. The few times they're excited to see me are more for catch phrases.

It really could mean nothing but maybe now villagers ask to move once the feel they got the full experience of your town. Maybe the ones you're kind to ask more often since they're "close" too you.

This is just what I have experienced so far. Contemplating talking to the neighbors on my blacklist.

I know, since I don't like Groucho very much and hardly talk to him and hit him with my bug net and I always talk to Frobert give gifts ect. he always runs up to me and says I want to move:( I kinda picked up on this I shall try to be extra kind to Groucho from now on!:)

Yeah I'm starting to believe they changed the moving mechanic. I really think this because now they ask you instead of packing up and you having to convince them. Maybe in this way nintendo is trying to encourage people to try all villagers instead of just shunning them like before.

Noooooooooo

This sucks if its the case :( It would mean I have to start being nice to Paula....

I actually hope that this is the case so we can have a method of getting rid of certain villagers. It does seem kind of evil to befriend someone just to get them to move away.

I LOVE 4 of my villagers, and dont want them to move. The other two i am still really friendly too, so hopefully they will still ask to move out too :)

Well I'm going to test it out. Chatting at all times, doing favors, sending letters, they will become my closest friends (with the sad truth of turning on them in the end). Hopefully it works.

From my experience I think it's random, I've had 3 want to move, 1 which I never spoke to and the other 2 I spoke to a little bit. The person I speak to and write to the most is Wolfgang and he hasn't mentioned wanting to move at all.

The only person wanting to move is the one I was being really rude to. So in my case it worked, if that counts?

Forget it; I've been constantly net wacking 3x villagers I want packing, complaining to Isabella 2x a day per villager... & it may be for naught. I'll wait for solid confirmation before continuing...

eh, I don't know.
I didn't talk with Phoebe as much as I did with other villagers but I talked with her sometimes, didn't hit her with a net or pushed her or anything.
She asked to move out 3 days after she moved in.

It bugs me because Gladys and Maelle, my 2 favorites, both have wanted to move out...
UGH I push Diva, send her into pitfalls, hit her with nets and STILL she loves me.

Back