• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Pattern paths are dangerous

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Nook's Fancy Turnip
Sakura Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Classic Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Dusty Scroll
Pokéball
I just want to say: When ever someone makes a path with patterns and leaves it like that for a long time, It kills the grass underneath it.

It's my understanding is that it's not the path that kills it, it's the constant walking/running that causes grass erosion. You just can't see it with the pattern paths in place, which is kinda the point.

Paths don't stop grass deterioration.. this was confirmed a while ago. .-.
It's not the paths that kill the grass. It's the running and walking over them (mostly running) that kill it. >_<

paths dont stop the grass from dying. it doesnt make it die faster or slower.

Hmm... I guess thats why walking on paths still makes the same sound effect as walking on grass.

I might experiment with this theory. I know a few places in my town full of grass where I pretty much never walk, so I'll lay some paths down there and clear this up. For the record, I've understood the same as what everyone else is saying: Paths themselves don't make grass grow or deteriorate slower or faster, it's the walking that does it.

It is better to have the grass die in a set path, than have the grass die everywhere.
I think the dirt paths left when picking a pattern up look nice anyway, if there was any reason to remove the pattern

Paths themselves do not cause the erosion. I have had the same paths in my town for 2 months, and I have been running on it nonstop. You can check the condition of the grass by listening closely for if the walking/running sounds is constant dirt, grass or a combination of both. For me the grass was worn down to plain dirt for a super long time, but when I go bored of the game for a couple weeks, I got back and I realized it sounded like mostly grass with a little bit of dirt. You can also pay attention to the color of the dust cloud that rises behind your feet when you walk at full speed or run. After a certain point, when there is a lot of dirt, most of the grass worn away, the dust cloud will be more brown, corresponding to the color of the dirt. Try it, run on grass, look at the dust cloud then run on dirt. It is a different color, trust me :p

That is true, but, the grass also dies from villagers constantly walking or running on it. Actually, I was glad to have my path, because now I have natural dirt paths to follow to get around town. :)

Hmm... I guess thats why walking on paths still makes the same sound effect as walking on grass.

They do when the path is on grass. But when the grass wears away, it sounds like you're walking on dirt because you've worn away the grass underneath.

Why does it matter if grass dies under a path? You won't see it unless you move the path.

Back