• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Perfect Fruit Trees Help

ravenkaw

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I have a nice orchard of perfect apples in my town. As normal, after so many harvests the trees die and I replant new ones. Here's the problem I'm running into:

When I replant my trees, I put them in the same spot as the previous tree. But, about half the time (or possibly more) the newly, replanted trees are wilted the next day! So, does anyone know what's going on here? Obviously, these were not dead spots since trees grew in those spots before. Do I have to give the soil "a rest" after each perfect fruit tree dies?

Nope, they weren't rotten. And there is space between each tree. That's the weird thing. The original orchard grew just fine. It's just the replacement trees won't regrow in the same spots. :/

Probably need to harvest all the fruit in your orchard on the same day. Each tree will die at the same time, allowing you to chop down all the trees in your orchard, and then replant them. The game probably wants the whole area cleared out just like when you started.

Thanks everyone!

@Suave_Spencer: I hadn't seen that guide yet! All the theory in it is very interesting. Although it doesn't quite explain why this happens, hopefully I'll now have a way to deal with it.

Back