• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

"Phil in the City" Chapter 2, Part 1

KingKombat

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
1 MONTH LATER

I'ts been a month since I've moved here, and I believe I've found my place. I have a nice medium sized house near the beach which has a great view from the second floor. My neighbors and I are all great friends. I've actually already made a best friend! His name's Kabuki, he's--..a cat. Hehe. This whole month I've been raising money doing chores for all the villagers. I believe I've been doing well. It may sound goofy, but I have half of the 'Spooky' set already. Soon I will have the whole set and get a decent HRA score. (Like I care what they think.) I haven't even GONE to the city yet. But...today's the day. I'm gonna take a trip to the city!

Me: Hey Kabuki!

Kabuki: Oh, hey Phil!

Me: Heh, guess what!

Kabuki: Hmm...gimme a hint.

Me: It's that day...

Kabuki: OH! You're finally going to the city! Awesome!

Me: Yup!

Kabuki: It's really awesome, Phil. You should catch the bus now. Have fun.

Me: Thanks, I will.

I ran to the bus stop, in anticipation. I picked up the phone and called the bus to stop here at--oh. I forgot to tell you guys! I'm sorry. On the second week that I was here, the mayor had found out about some law that restricts misspelled names or just ******** names on towns. Therefore, we renamed the town by popular vote to Pinehut. We all thought it was a nice name that sounded nice and welcoming. Anyways, back to the story.

Me: Ok, I've got my bells, approximately 50,000 from my bank account...I'm ready to go.

-A BIT LATER-

The bus arrived. I looked out the window at the majestic tall buildings that were there. Oh boy, it looked amazing. And to think, I lived 5 minutes from here. I thought it was further which is why I thought this was a special event. Oh well, I had bells to burn.

As I got off the bus, I looked around at all the buildings, but not doing anything weird with my face, I don't want folks to think I'm a ******...I headed towards the store that caught my eye -- Shampoodle. Sounded classy...

I went casually inside and saw someone. She's a poodle! (Ah, Shampoodle, Poodle, got it. Catchy.)

Harriet: Oh, hello! A fresh face, I see. My name's Harriet, I'm the hair stylist.

(...ah. Shampoo-dle.)

Me: Oh, hi! My name's Phil...

She looked in my eyes like I had something on my face.

Harriet: Ah-ha! It's your first time in the city.

Me: Uh..yeah!

Harriet: I've seen that expression plenty times before. Welcome. Oh, please, sit!

She pointed towards the chair with a contraption that had the shape of the top half of an egg.

Me: Ok, sure.

Harriet: I want to ask you a few questions.

Me: Ok!

Harriet: In one word, describe your personality.

Me: Hmm...I guess it'd have to be sort of mysterious.

Harriet: Ok! Good. Now tell me, sugar, when do you want your style to REALLY come alive?

Me: Well, I guess I'd like to see it when I go to a party, like big nights.

Harriet: Heh, I'll bet you're just the toast of every party, aren't you?

Me: Unfortunately, I don't want to be.

Harriet: Ok, well, will you tell me a bit about your primping routine?

Me: Im..a little embarrassed.

Harriet: Warm, or cool?

That's a weird question...might as well give a straight answer.

Me: Warm.

Harriet: Perfect! Now just sit back and close your eyes.

She looked at the back of the chair and pushed a button that were next to many. The egg contraption came down slowly...as instructed, I sat back, and closed my eyes. I'm so glad I did, because all of a sudden...
AHHHH!!! JESUS! MY HEAD IS SPINNING!! WHOA! IM GONNA GET SICK AHH!
This thing spanned on for about a second.

And it stopped. Am I dead? Oh, god I think I am. It's dark, I see the light...and the egg contraption lifts off from my head. My head feels...different.

Harriet: Hee-hee! Look at the mirror!

I looked into the mirror and saw my hair...IT WAS AWESOME! It was up and spiky and cool! I guess that test/quiz was to determine what I would have liked...weird.

Me: That's amazing! I love it!

Harriet: I'm glad you do. That'll be 500 bells, please.

I walked over to her desk and handed her the bells.

Harriet: Thanks, have a nice day!

Me: Ok, I will!

I walked out of the shop adoring my new hairstyle nad headed for the next thing I saw...the building that looked like a theater ...I wonder what that is?

TO BE CONTINUED

Gabby said:
yay the city! I liked this chapter.

PHIL

:D
HEY YOU----oh forget it.
thanks.
glad to have a fan thar.

...i dunno if you read or not, but i'm having special guests in chapter 2 part 2, wanna be a special guest and/or regular on it?
(special guest: small cameo/regular: lives in town and makes lots of appearnaces often)

KingKombat said:
Gabby said:

PHIL

HEY YOU----oh forget it.
thanks.
glad to have a fan thar.

...i dunno if you read or not, but i'm having special guests in chapter 2 part 2, wanna be a special guest and/or regular on it?
(special guest: small cameo/regular: lives in town and makes lots of appearnaces often)
Can a be a regular?

Gabby said:
KingKombat said:
Gabby said:

PHIL

HEY YOU----oh forget it.
thanks.
glad to have a fan thar.

Can a be a regular?
Sure.

I deem you a regular in "Phil in the City".
wewt, a special guest from TBT

KingKombat said:
Gabby said:
KingKombat said:
Gabby said:

PHIL

HEY YOU----oh forget it.
thanks.
glad to have a fan thar.

Can a be a regular?
Sure.

When I say yay you say yay!

YAY!

Gabby said:
KingKombat said:
Gabby said:
KingKombat said:
Gabby said:

PHIL

HEY YOU----oh forget it.
thanks.
glad to have a fan thar.

Can a be a regular?
Sure.

When I say yay you say yay!

YAY!
YAY

ok, anyone else?
i really want some cool special guest cameos in part 2.

MUAHAHAHAHHA EXCELLENT

Btw, positions filled.

Also, Are do you guys want to be regulars, or just in a cameo in Part 2?

run it by me also, can I help with it? See if there are other things you can add, kind of like your editor?

Back