• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Physical Copy or E-Shop Download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthykur

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Ever since I got my 3DS I have been so on board with downloading from the E-shop. I was curious as to what other people's preferences are in this sense. Not having a physical copy is always a bummer but having it right in front of you always at the touch of a button is convenient. Thoughts?

I personally prefer physical copies. I really like opening new games, especially ones I've been waiting a very long time for.

Digital copies are cool, and definitely very convenient, but I like to actually have the packaging in front of me. I also like having game boxes on display, so I can easily find my games without having to turn a system on and use the menu. It's also a way for my friends to see what games I have without me having to show them right on my 3DS.

I can honestly say that I am considering a switch over to digital copies, simply because eventually they might be cheaper and released earlier.

Personally, I'd prefer physical copy over digital download any day. For me, having the digital download of it seems too risky. If something were to happen to my device, what would I do then? Plus, a new addition to the cases on my shelves is always satisfying.

I personally prefer physical copies. I really like opening new games, especially ones I've been waiting a very long time for.

Digital copies are cool, and definitely very convenient, but I like to actually have the packaging in front of me. I also like having game boxes on display, so I can easily find my games without having to turn a system on and use the menu. It's also a way for my friends to see what games I have without me having to show them right on my 3DS.

I can honestly say that I am considering a switch over to digital copies, simply because eventually they might be cheaper and released earlier.

Nothing beats that initial opening of a new game. Have always loved it ever since I was young. It seems like every game that has come out has always been delayed to the stores (i.e. Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion iirc), when I can just buy it right off the rip.

Phyiscal. Nothing beats opening a new game, and I prefer cartridges anyway. It makes me feel like I actually OWN it.

Digital for meeee. It's the same game I don't see why people are anti-download. It's not really risky at all. Game cartridges are essentially SD cards anyway

I don't know if posting this is against the rules here, but if it is feel free to delete my post.

If you are downloading the game from the eShop this guy found a cool trick to save you a little bit of money. You essentially change your 3DS region to Alaska and it saves you from paying tax. Thus making the game cheaper.

I am personally a little tight on money at the moment so I will be using this method when the game launches at midnight.

For most games I go physical but Animal Crossing is a game that is good to always have on the system so I'm going digital. I don't care much for packaging, really. Sure it's nice, but I end up putting the box in a drawer with my other games (I really should have a nice shelf to display them :p)

I'd have to go physical! I'm gonna pay less than the digital version. And I'm a bit cramped on space on the sd card. XD

I'm going digital myself! That way I can just start downloading it when it releases tomorrow night at 9PM (I'm on the west coast), and wont have to wait until stores open to get it! ^_^

I have no way to buy games digitally at the moment, so I'm getting the physical copy. I used to prefer physical copies because I liked reading the guidebooks. But since they only put those crappy folded up little flyers in there instead of the little books now, there's really no benefit in my eyes to having the digital copy. Maybe when I get a job I'll buy digital stuff.

I prefer physical copies, because I hate having to download games.
I am starting to get upset, though, 'cause my game might not arrive until Wednesday. -_-

I have no way to buy games digitally at the moment, so I'm getting the physical copy. I used to prefer physical copies because I liked reading the guidebooks. But since they only put those crappy folded up little flyers in there instead of the little books now, there's really no benefit in my eyes to having the digital copy. Maybe when I get a job I'll buy digital stuff.

Yeah I've noticed over the years that the cool little booklet in each game has dwindled down from a small book.. to one sheet of paper with vague information about the game, or an advertisement for another game. What's up with that? D:

I'm going digital myself! That way I can just start downloading it when it releases tomorrow night at 9PM (I'm on the west coast), and wont have to wait until stores open to get it! ^_^
This, plus the fact that I can always have New Leaf with me, is why I'm also going digital! :)

Except it'll be 11:00pm here when it releases. That's kinda late. Ah well, I've stayed up till 12:30 before. xD

I'm just going to let it download, then play it on Sunday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back