• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Physical Copy System Transfer Question

Fjoora

Artist Extraordinaire
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Voodoo Doll
Pink Hybrid Lily
Red Lily
Tasty Cake
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
森
ぶ
の
ど
う
Quick question!
I am going to the Nintendo World event for New Leaf and, if available, I will purchase a physical copy of New Leaf. I don't want to back out on my fully paid off preorder of the New Leaf bundle, so my question is: If I get the physical copy and play it tomorrow, will my save file (which resides in the cartridge) be effected when I do a system transfer and play the game in my 3DS XL? I guess what I mean to ask, is does the game create extra data that resides in the SD card? Sorry, just a bit paranoid!

Thanks in advance :3

All games that actually use the game card to save data on it isn't transferred to another system. In fact, you can even move the game card to another system without performing the whole System Transfer. Both the Extra Data and StreetPass Data that will be created at some point in the game are only there to receive the data and keep it temporairly, rather than permanently hold it. I recommend to set StreetPass and SpotPass on for only one copy of ACNL and play that copy of the game to pick up these datas, if you want to play safe.

If you have other games downloaded on your old 3DS, I recommend you perform the System Transfer.
If you want to transfer the saved data of Animal Crossing: New Leaf from game card to the digital version, go on eShop, find "Save Data Transfer Tool", download it and launch the bad boy off! By the way, it's a one-way transfer, meaning it wouldn't come back to the game card.

Alrighty, I knew most of that but thanks for the info.
I just want to know if I start a day early and transfer the data later, that everything will be A okay! :D

Back