• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Plot Resetting Guide

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0000-0000-0000
Although there are quite a few people that know what plot resetting is, there are those who don't. In this blog, I will be describing what plot resetting is in question and answer format to the best of my ability.

Questions and Answers

Q: What is plot resetting?
A: Plot resetting is a neat trick that allows players to practically determine where villagers that are moving in will live. This isn't hacking or anything similar. It is a trick that many players use.

Q: How does it determine where villagers live?

A: It determines where villagers live if the correspondent correctly uses this feature correctly.

Q: How do I plot reset?

A: Plot resetting is very simple. To do it, create a new save file then look around your town and look for a plot where your villager will be moving in. If one doesn't appear, try again. If you don't like the spot, do not save the game, turn off your device or return to the home menu and try again. You might have to do it a couple of times to get the spot you desire.

Q: What is the plot phase?

A: The plot phase is when the villager's home is not present but is instead shown with a sign and ropes for where their house will go.

Q: What is the move in phase?
A: The move in phase is the day after the plot phase where the actual house will be shown.

Q: What time in my town can I plot reset?
A: In your town you can plot reset anytime after six in the morning to the next morning at six in the morning. As long as the day has not been saved or loaded before you attempt it (6am 2/3/17 - 5:59am 2/4/17 will be considered the same day).

Q: What if I have four files in my town already?
A: Then you cannot plot reset. You must have at least one save file open.

Q: The ACNL (Animal Crossing New Leaf) day starts at six in the morning?

A: Yes it does. The game loads/resets at six in the morning.

Q: On a day a villager is supposed to move in, I cannot load the town using a separate file?
A: Yes. You cannot load the town at all. If you do it will not work.

Q: Can I time travel, then plot reset?
A: Yes, you can. When you time travel, make sure you set your town before six in the morning, save and quit from the game, and then wait for it to be six and follow the proper procedures.

Q: How can I prevent a villager from moving in to a certain spot?
A: I personally place designs across my town to prevent villagers from moving in to a certain spot. With the WA (Welcome Amiibo) update, designs are a safer bet in my opinion. I've seen them move on top of flowers, trees, bushes, and designs. PWPs (Public Work Projects) can be used to prevent villagers to move in. Just like houses, they cannot move in within two blocks (including diagonally) of the public work project.

Q: Where can a villager move in?

A: Mostly anywhere. That’s the troubling part. That is why a lot of people plot reset. It is impossible for them to plot directly next to buildings. This includes villager houses.

Q: Are the resets saved?
A: No, not at all. All of the resets aren't saved. The game treats the resets as it did not happen.

Q: Can I plot scout if I don’t know a villager is moving in?
A: Yes! I recommend plot scouting everyday if you have enough space in your town for a villager to move in (ten is the maximum number of villagers you can have). If you plot scout everyday you will have more control of which villager moves in and where a villager moves in. More control over your town. Remember that just because you have space does not mean a villager will move in.

Those who assisted me in this blog post include; Soda Fox, pinkcotton, ThatOneMarshalFanGirl, and Tobia.

Back